Chapter 3: Humans and Portals

(Lightning's POV)
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Humans? How was this possible? We took their planet years ago. Well, let me explain.
After the very popular BnL company polluted the planet, people blamed the machines. Well, in America, when the Americans are mad about something they got to fight about it. This led to a Great War against the machines and humans, and I assume you know who won. After the war, we sent the humans into space, upon the Axium, where they would live in luxury for many years to come. This led to the mass production of machines upon planet Earth, and is now our home.
Why would the humans have come back? We specifically made a treaty, and they can't come back. All these thoughts and questions ran through my mind until a human soldier burst through the bathroom door. We all scattered, including Mater and I.
He must not have noticed us, for he walked away and out of the restaurant.
Mater and I shared panicked glances, and we waited a few minutes before even daring to come out of hiding.
We drove slowly towards the bathroom door and quietly opened it. We drove inside and looked around. No other humans in sight. We searched the bathroom for any signs of intruders, but no one was there.
I was about to give up and leave, but something blinking caught my eye. I looked towards the blinking light and saw a small, black box lying on the floor. I pushed it out from under the sinks and inspected it. Mater drove over and stared at the box.
"What in dadgum is it?" he asked me.
I shrugged. "I have no idea Mater, but I've never seen anything like it before." I answered.
We sat there for several more minutes and decided it was best to take the box to Sheriff. He would know what it is and what to do with it. I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, if that ain't a mystery."
Sheriff was inspecting the black box Mater and I had found up at Wheel Well. He had no idea what it was, and, either way, he was busy trying to track the human soldier.
"Well boys, I would love to help you figure out what this is, but I'm busy trying to track down that human. Sorry." he said.
He handed the box back to us and drove away, heading towards the heart of town. Mater and I sighed. Maybe this was just a normal black box. Maybe we were thinking too hard about a box.
I took the box from Mater and frowned. "Why are we fussing over a box? Who knows? Maybe it's just a dumb box someone accidentally dropped!" I said, frustrated, and threw the box on the ground.
Suddenly, the box started beeping and blinking lights flashed rapidly. Mater and I stared, mesmerized, at the box. All of a sudden, a hologram popped up. Mater and I screamed, terrified, but it wasn't a hologram. It was a portal.
The circular orb circling in front of us was rapidly spinning and glowing a bright purple. When you looked inside, it was nothing but a black circle, leading into, what seemed to be, the end of time.
Mater and I glanced at each other, then back at the portal. We stood there, flustered, as the portal continued spinning. Mater looked over at me and grinned. I knew exactly what he was thinking.
"Mater, we are not, I repeat, NOT going into that thing!" I said, frightened.
"Come on buddy, dat der portal ain't gonna hurt nothin'"
Mater started driving towards the portal and I continued standing there, frozen. Mater looked back at me, "You comin'?" he asked.
He drove into the portal and disappeared. I sighed a sigh of defeat. "Why do I get myself into these things?" I asked myself as I drove, hesitantly, into the portal.