𝙊𝙧𝙥𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙇𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮: 5

Seeing the boy come back over, you quickly folded the paper and shoved it in a pocket, pushing the box under the bed.

"So, what'd it say?" He asked, sitting down beside you and handing you a bowl of porridge.

Taking the bowl you faked a smile, "Just asking how life is and if Baby was still obsessed with the color purple." Why'd you lie? You could've told the truth, but you didn't.

He chuckled, "Yep. Don't really know why though."

You took a spoonful of porridge, "Purple symbolizes wealth." You explained.

"Oh." He nodded, "That makes sense."

"So," you began, "What do you wish for?" You knew it was a...touchy subject. You heard him snap at his mother for asking what it was. You had a very strong feeling about what his wish is, but wanted to, no, needed to confirm your thoughts.

He grinned, but it didn't reach his eyes, and it was strained, "Birthday wish rules. Can't say."

Nodding you finished up your porridge and let his response slide. You shrugged, "Okay. Feel free to share if you wish to though." You weren't going to bother him about it if he didn't want to speak of it.

Setting the bowl on the dresser you let out a content sigh and a yawn. You fell back to lie down, feet still resting on the ground, "Don't know about you but I am exhausted. I might just take a short nap." You spoke, staring at the ceiling, eyes beginning to flutter slowly.

"That would be nice, but we have to get that wish!" He turned his body so he had one leg sitting crossed in front of him, the other still hanging over the edge. He looked down at you, "We have to get to the star before the others do!" He said.

"We have the map." You pointed out, "A little rest won't hurt, especially in the long run. I would rather that no one collapses from exhaustion in the middle of a fight."

"I guess..." He mumbled, still a little unsure.

A thought crossed your mind and your lips formed a small mischievous smile before it quickly disappeared. "Hey, Goldi?"

"Hm?"

"You have a spot of porridge right here." You pointed to a corner of your lips and he mimicked your movement.

"Here?"

"No."

"Here?"

"Nope."

"Here?"

You chuckled, "Lean down for a moment." You lift your arm towards him and stretched out your hand, which barely brushed his cheek. "I can't reach from over here, lean down a little more." He did as you said, face coming closer. You raised your hand to his face before swiftly moving it down to the collar of his shirt. He yelped when you pulled him down on the bed beside you.

He deadpanned, side lying down on the bed, "There was no porridge. Was there." You only grinned at him in response and he sighed but a small smile formed on his lips. "Perhaps...a nap wouldn't hurt."

Before you could react he pulled your body close to his, "But since it was your idea I'm not letting you go."

Your cheeks warmed, and you were glad he couldn't see due to your face being squished into his chest, "Okay."

By the time it hit him, the fact that he's now literally cuddling you, something that would be considered more a couple activity, you were already fast asleep. Although friends can cuddle platonically of course, he didn't really see it as such.

He could see his brother smirk at him from his spot on the table, face and paws coated in honey. Goldi rolled his eyes, but his face reddened as he buried his head into your shoulder, and your legs became intertwined.