𝙂𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙞, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨: 1

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight.

Once upon a time, a Wishing Star fell from the sky. Scorching a great woods black.
The Dark Forest was born, the Wishing Star hidden at its center, filling it with new life, and the legend of a single wish locked away in the star, waiting to be granted.

~*~

It was merely the afternoon, but the sky was dark and the sun's rays were obscured by countless clouds. A cold breeze blew throughout the abandoned town of Del Mar, stirring up dust and ruffling your clothes. You shivered, pulling your cloak over your shoulders tighter in an attempt to keep warm.

You stared out into the town, scanning the deserted streets and looking for any signs of life before slightly diverting your gaze to the object beside you-running your fingers along the weathering and fallen bell.

A familiar course of growls and grunts sounded behind you but you stayed put, staring out into the distance for a bit longer. This place reminded you a bit of your home.

Home. Your mother and father. You wondered how they were doing, it's been a while since you've seen them. You start to feel regret that you haven't gone to visit, and the truth is- you've been avoiding it.

You've been avoiding home because you want to fulfill your mother's wishes of surviving your curse. If you go back without a cure it may break her heart. So you figured it was best to make her think the best of it, and think you've found somebody.

The thing is- you have found somebody. The reason you haven't left is to go on an avid search for your "true love".

You don't even know if he's your true love-but you still love him. You wouldn't be able to leave his side even if you wished to do so.

Three bears and a boy stopped not too far behind you, the smallest bear of the three-Baby Bear- looked up at the boy wordlessly, "You got the scent?" The boy's accented voice shook you out of your train of thought and you turned to see the boy hop down from his spot on top of one of the bears-Mama Bear. He used his staff to point at the footprints below them.

"Those are two small," he spoke pointing at the small prints before moving the staff to gesture at what seemed to be a giant's footprint that he stood in the center of, "and these are too big."

With a low hum, you took notice of another set of footprints and crouched beside them, gently brushing your fingertips over the dirt. "Hey, Goldi!" You called out to the boy and gestured to the pair of small-sized bootprints. He came up beside you and smirked.

"These are just right." He ruffled your hair before standing straight, the three bears coming up behind him.

"Hey!" You exclaimed, attempting to fix your hair as you stood and huffed, "It took forever to style this you know!"

He rolled his eyes and nudged his shoulder with your own, "Obviously. I was the one who did it, your highness."

You groaned, "I told you to stop calling me that."

"Would you rather me call you princess."

You rolled your eyes, "I would rather you call me [Name]. [Nickname] would do just fine as well."

He made no further comment as he flashed you a grin before turning around, "Baby! Track that cat." Worldlessly the young bear followed the scent(of an infamous talking cat).

Goldilocks took off in a running start and he jumped, using his foot to push against Papa Bear to get on Mama Bear's back. You followed suit and repeated the boy's action before wrapping your hands around his waist to keep yourself stabilized.