Flare or Not?

All 6 teachers had everyone's information in paper in front of them all ready to start. 

First they are gonna start with the Flares and y/n is really nervous.

A blonde guy was the first to enter. There was a candle on the table so the students could light it up with their powers. 

"The Sage way to evaluate Flare aptitude is thus, be able to light up a candle from six feet away." the headmistress explained. 

"That's it?" The blonde boy questioned "I can make a basketball out of fire. and dunk it through a hoop, also made out of fire." The blonde bragged. 

"You are not here to show off. You are here to learn the Sage way. Now do it!" She ordered. 

The boy shut his mouth and concentrated. He took out his hand and shot at the candle a bolt of fire and lighted it perfectly. He grinned at the easy task and looked at the teachers. 

"Please collect your card and wait in the quad." The headmistress told him. He jumped off and went to get his card and walked out. 

Other Flares entered and light up the candle while the teachers observed. They all got their card and left. 

After a while, it was the turn of a curly haired boy. He awkwardly entered the room "Uh... hey-o" he said while waving. 

"Mister Elliot Cohen? Please do not waste our time. Light the candle." the Flare teacher asked.

 "Okay." Elliot breathed out. He started twirling his finger and instead of fire coming out, it was smoke. 

He looked confused then tried his other finger from his other hand. The teachers were confused and Elliot was now irritated and more smoke came out. 

The teachers started to cough and Elliot gave up. "First lost cause of the day." Ms. Knightslinger told the Flare professor. Elliot was disappointed and got his card then left.

Then it was reina's turn. She walked on the small stage and looked nervous. 

She lifted her pinky finger and fire quickly went on the candle. All the teachers looked impressed. 

"Was that okay?" reina asked nervously. "Very good, reina. Please collect your card and wait in the quad." Ms. Knightslinger told reina. reina got her card and left.

Finally it was y/n's turn. She entered the room and walked on the stage. She kept on fiddling her gloves nervously. 

"Alr." mumbled y/n. She took off her gloves and placed them on the small table. She then stepped away six feet apart and focused. 

She took out her hands and placed them sideways. Her eyes started to glow red and then immediately lit up the candle. The teachers were stunned and amazed.

"Can I ask something?" Y/n asked the professors.

"Yes, what is it?" one of the teachers said.

"Well what if I have more than one power, because I don't just have fire as my powers, I have 4 others." y/n said. 

"Well what are they?" Ms. Knightslinger said questionably and worriedly. 

Y/n stretched out her hand. "I have Earth." she said while making a Lotus Flower. 

"Water." She lifted water from one of the teachers cup. 

"Ice." She freezed the water in the air, then unfreezed it and put the water back in the cup. 

"I also have air but I rather do that outside. Most of the time, I can control my powers, but sometimes I can't." She told the teachers.

The teachers started looking at the headmaster for an answer, but what they didn't know is that the headmaster already had an answer and thinking to put her in the UDM.