Robotics [Blysen]

Song Inspo: N/A

In which rising middle-schoolers Blyke, Remi, and Isen compete in a robotics jousting contest.

Idk why I wrote this XD

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

6th grade

Age: 11

"Only one piece of tape on your balloon! One piece of tape on your skewer! Nothing else!" the summer camp instructor shouts. "Blyke, I see you there!"

"I-I'm not! See, there's only one!" Blyke holds up his robot, the red metal frame shining a little in the lights.

"Okay." the instructor puts a hand to their face. "Everyone ready? This year, we'll be competing in a bracket with the other class."

"Huh? What class?" a 10 year old student asks. 

"This class is called Advanced Robotics A, right? The other class is called Advanced Robotics B."

"Ohhhhh!" a girl with blue hair twisted into a braid says. "My friend is in that class."

"Okay, everyone! Please pluck out your USB drives--" the instructor holds up a small white rectangular device-- "so we can upload them to the competing computers!"

"I'm so excited!" eleven-year-old Remi smiles. "What's our team name gonna be?"

"Uhh...I dunno." Blyke says. "You got any ideas?"

"No idea. I thought you would have an idea." Remi frowns. "We'll just figure it out later....!"

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

"Warren, please just decide on a name."

"Uh...SuperBot! No, Megatron! Uhh..."

Isen sighs. "Next-Day Dental Care."

"Alright! The first competitors will be Summerside and Toothpick!"

"I'm so excited!" Remi cheers as Blyke sets their red bot down on the ground where the other team, Toothpick had left their blue bot. He sits down at the computer and looks back.

"Okay! First match of the day! Summerside versus Toothpick....and...GO!"

Blyke and Remi's robot instantly shoots towards the blue robot, the thin wooden skewer poking at the tape on the other bot's skewer. Finally poking it free, the skewer sticks onto the tape, much to Blyke's dismay. However, he still persists in trying to push the blue robot over. 

At the same time, the blue robot suddenly jerks around and tries to attack Blyke and Remi's robot, but only succeeds in making the skewer fall off of the tape.

"Summerside wins the match! Toothpick will be competing in the loser's bracket."

The seventh grader on the other team curses under their breath but shakes Blyke's hand, noticing how happy the kid seems.