storm

creds to @daza1s_b1g_d1ck for the fic idea!

~

Throughout the years that Dazai and Chuuya had been together, Dazai had somehow developed a so-called 'superpower'. He could always tell when it was going to rain. He could see. The air currents looked... Different.

Was it a coincidence? or are Chuuya and Dazai just meant for each other. One terrified of thunderstorms, and one with the power to detect when they will come. 

Dazai hoped it was the latter, for that means him and his husbands are soulmates and fate had brought them together. 

Dazai woke up this morning with the familiar pit in his stomach. It was going to rain. "I will be staying home today," he declared as soon as Chuuya woke up. 

"Ugh, do you have to? It's my day off and I really need some alone time." Chuuya replied, rubbing his eyes. 

"It's going  to rain today, I don't want to leave you home by yourself." Dazai said. 

Chuuya rolled his eyes. He doesn't believe in Dazai's 'superpower', and called it a coincidence every single time, every single of those times, Dazai had got it right. "I'll be fine, the forecast said there will be no storm."

This time, Dazai was the one to roll his eyes. "Do you really believe the weather forecast over ME? Your darling husband?" Dazai jokingly said, placing a hand on his chest. 

Chuuya nodded, "Are you really asking if I believe a scientist more or an insane person?"

Dazai paused and thought about the words that just came out of Chuuya's mouth. Chuuya did have a point, however he would never admit that to him out loud. "Ugh, I hate you." was all he could say, knowing he lost the argument. 

"I love you too, my darling twig." Chuuya said lovingly, fluttering his eyelashes at Dazai. "I'll be fine, go to work and don't worry." he added after he saw the worried look on Dazai's face. 

"Are you sure? Call me if anything goes wrong and I'll come straight home." Though the air changes when rain comes, Dazai cannot tell the severity of the storm, so he hoped that the scientists were right. 

~

"Dazai you are late again." was the first thing Kunikida said when Dazai walked into the office. 

"Not even a hello? how are you? Wow Kunikida-kun, I feel so hurt about your lack of interest towards me."

"Shut up Dazai, why did you bring an umbrella? It's not going to rain today."

Even Dazai's co-workers didn't really believe his ability to detect the rain, it is kinda his own fault for not telling them explicitly about it. "The air looks different today."

Kunikida, and Yosano, who was eavesdropping both burst out into laughter. "What do you mean the air looks different? No one can see air Dazai," Kunikida laughed. 

"Do you want me to examine you Dazai, are you feeling okay?" Yosano asked while giggling, showing no signs of genuine worry. 

"I'm being serious. Do my paperwork for the rest of the year if it does rain." It was already September so if Yosano and Kunikida agree, they'll only be doing 3 months worth of paperwork. Three months is still three months of no paperwork though. 

"Fine, let's bet on it." Yosano said, putting her hand out to shake Dazai's. Dazai grinned and shook the doctors hand. "You do mine if it doesn't rain."

"Kunikida-kun, how about you?" Dazai asked, a smug smile on his face.

Kunikida who gets annoyed at Dazai REALLY easily, hated that smug smile he always wore so he ended up agreeing to the bet as well. Even if they did end up losing the bet, they could divide Dazai's work so they'll both end up only doing half, but if Dazai lost, then he'd be doing three peoples worth of paperwork for the rest of the year. Kunikida and Yosano really didn't have much to lose.