call

ty to @Dina_likes_birbs for the idea!

~

"Why is Dazai not at work again?!??" Kunikida sighed. 

"I don't know, it's only nine o clock right now, lets give him a few more minutes." Yosano shrugged.

"He'll probably turn up eventually, Kunikida-san. It's not like Dazai-sans never been late for work before." Atsushi said trying to calm his senior. 

"Yeah, you guys are right." Kunikida nodded. "Alright, just because Dazai isn't here, doesn't mean you guys can slack off!" Kunikida clapped, forgetting all about his late coworker. 

"Yes yes, back to work everyone." Yosano smiled lightly. 

It's been 2 hours, and Dazai still hadn't shown up to work. However the agency members were all to busy to notice. Maybe its just because they enjoyed the peace and quiet without their chaotic coworker around and didn't want to say anything. 

"Kunikida-san, do you mind signing this really quickly?" Atsushi asked the blonde man. He handed over his report on the past case he worked on. 

"Hm? Yes sure," Kunikida said without paying the boy much notice, he was still quite busy doing his own paperwork. Still, he signed the papers perfectly and neatly. 

"Thank you!" Atsushi said happily. 

Atsushi finished writing up the rest of his paperwork. Not long after, Atsushi was basically finished and just sat in his seat with a puzzled look on his face. 

"Atsushi are you okay?" Yosano asked after a while. This question ended up catching the attention of the other agency members in the room. 

"Yes, its just that I really need Dazai-sans signature for this report thats due tomorrow. I thought he would've shown up to work by now - it's already eleven thirty." The were-tiger replied. 

"Hopefully he'll turn up soon?" Yosano said weakly. 

"Lets just call him!" Kenji suggested suddenly. 

"Good idea, thank you Kenji!" Atsushi said, feeling a bit of hope for finally finishing his paperwork. Atsushi picked up his phone and dialled Dazai's number. "He's not picking up, I've tried two times." 

"What is that bastard even doing if hes not even answering his phone." Kunikida exasperated. "Maybe we should try his home phone?" he suggested looking at how desperate Atsushi looked to get Dazai's signature.

Atsushi nodded gratefully at the blonde detective. Kunikida went to the presidents office to get Dazai's papers. His home address and the number for that address was written on there. 

Atsushi thought about where Dazai could possible be - and also how much trouble he would be in if he didn't submit his report by tomorrow. The president had already been kind enough to give him an extension. Atsushi silently groaned in annoyance at his coworker. Thankfully thought, Kunikida had been nice enough to get Dazai's home phone to call that. Atsushi felt that he'd be grateful for life. 

Kunikida soon came back to the main office area for the Armed Detective Agency, he was holding a small slip of paper with Dazais home number written on it. He dialled it into the office phone and put it on speaker, no doubt his other coworkers are also interested on where the brunette was. 

God, if Dazai was at home right now slacking off while everyone else was at work hauling ass to finish off everything, Kunikida probably would throttle the man. 

Atsushi silently prayed that Dazai would answer and come in to sign his papers. If he didn't, then surely the president would give him another extension right? Atsushi gulped slightly as he imagined the presidents disappointed face if he were to ask for another extension.