Falling for the Sweet Jerk

A/N: Hello there people who are awesome and have decided to read this!!! Well this is kind of my first upload so don't be too harsh but I do take CONSTRUCTIVE critism. This is just the first chappy but it does get better!!! (Well I hope it does, hehe...)

Anyway...

Hope you like it...

I quickly got out of the car, waved my dad goodbye and hurried towards the large wooden sign, on which there were bulky green letters that read: “Welcome to Forest Camp”. (Very creative huh?) I smiled, and I walked in the direction on which it was pointing to and started to follow the forest path before me.

The air was still a bit chilly and I noticed that some of Spring still remained clinging to the trees, but most of them were already Summery. I took a deep breath and continued, it wasn’t long before I saw the cluster of wooden cabins and packs of teenagers milling about, chatting excitedly to their friends. I looked around and saw a short brunette with large blue eyes waving ecstatically at me, next to her was a tall toned guy with bronze colored hair and chocolate  brown eyes. I quickly walked over to them and gave them a quick hug.

“Jason, Louise!” I stopped to stand in front them with a large smile plastered onto my face.

 “So, you finally decided to make it eh?” I scowled at Jason before replying.

“I woke up late okay. It wasn’t my fault my alarm clock’s a piece of crap.”

Smirking he flicked my head.

 “Well did you ever think of buying a new one?” I was about to retort when Louise patted my back.

“Autumn that’s one of our camp counselors, the other hasn’t arrived yet.” I looked at the scrawny blonde woman, Louise had pointed to. She had a rather pinched nose and bright pink splotchy skin. Her cold blue eyes darted around, just before she started to speak.

I winced as she started to introduce herself in her incredibly scratchy voice. “Welcome campers to Forest Camp, I am your camp counselor, you may call me Mrs. Howards. My nephew, Eric, will be arriving in a while, we will be divided into teams tomorrow, you all must be very tired so I will send you into your cabins. The boys will be in the cabin to the north and the girls will be in the cabin in the south. Please do not wander off into the forest by yourself and please notify one of the camp counselors before hand if you wish to, though not after dark. I suggest now though you get acquainted with your fellow campers and set up your belongings. I want you up at 8.00 sharp, head towards the mess hall to your right and you will be provided breakfast there, if your late then you miss breakfast and that’s that. Oh and one more thing. The toilets are to the left.” All eyes wandered to a clump of bushes, and we froze. Scowling she continued. “ I mean to your other left.” We all turned our heads in unison and breathed a sigh of relief. There was a large wooden cabin, with a green sign saying toilets, with male pointing to one half and female pointing to the other half. Then we all turned to her. She plastered a fake smile onto her face and told us to go to our cabins.

“I already hate her, she seems so fake and hostile.” I whispered as I turned to head towards my cabin. Jason and Louise nodded their heads in agreement. Jason waved us off and walked towards a large pack of guys that he knew. “Oh, well I just hope her nephew isn’t anything like her eh?” Suddenly all the girls turned to focus their attention on someone. The air was soon filled with excited whispers all around me as I heard a car pull over and park nearby.

“Oh. My. God. He is so hot!” I rolled my eyes. I tried to get a look at the guy but couldn’t. I looked around for Louise, she had abandoned her bag on the floor and now was in a desperate attempt to get a look at the new arrival, which I was presuming to be Eric from the hysterical whispers of “ Eric! Eric! Ohmigod its Eric!” I sighed, grabbed Louise’s bag and walked into the cabin. I was the first in. I dumped mine and Louise’s bag on a bunk bed in the far corner near a window. I quickly opened the window to let in some fresh air. Then I  jumped onto the top bunk and instantly fell asleep.

I blinked my eyes open and looked around me to see girls unpacking and sitting around talking. I looked for Louise but she was nowhere to be seen. After a moment I saw her wave at me from a group of girls. I waved back. Rubbing my eyes I ran a hand through my hair and went down to sit with her.

“Where did you disappear to? You didn’t see him did you?” I shook my head. Then rolled my eyes as they continued to talk breathlessly about him.

“Seriously, he can’t be that good looking right?” Suddenly the whole cabin went quite and all eyes turned on me. They all looked at me incredulously like I had insulted them personally. One girl snorted and turned back to the person she was previously talking to. Soon everyone resumed doing what they were doing before- uselessly wasting their breath up on some guy. I huffed. I told Louise I was going to the toilet and headed off.

I gasped as I saw how dark the sky had become. A few stars had even come out. The temperature had dropped slightly. I wrapped my hands around me as I walked towards the wooden cabin a couple of meters before me. The walk didn’t take long and I quickly trudged inside. It was considerably warmer and I sighed relieved to be out of the cold. I quickly washed my face to get the small splatters of mud; I had somehow accumulated, off of it then headed outside again. I looked up at the sky. There were millions of tiny pinpricks of light sweeping across the blue velvety abyss. I was so consumed by their beauty that I hadn’t noticed the tree in front of me before I actually ended up slamming into it.

“Ouch what the…” I rubbed my head. In the darkness I could see a figure leaning against a tree. I heard him chuckle, I was sure it was a ‘him’ and not ‘her’. I blushed, thankful of the dark that they couldn’t see my embarrassment and walked back to the cabin. Before I walked in I turned around to see the figure walking away towards one of the counselor cabins. I gasped realizing who it could’ve been. Sighing I walked inside. Everyone was sound asleep by now surprisingly; I thought they were never going to stop talking. I quietly tiptoed to my bed and climbed to the top bunk and pulled the covers over me. As soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.