Chapter 2

A/N: Well this is the second chapter!!!

Hope you like!!!

Comment!

I yawned as I sat up and looked around. Freezing as I realized there was no one there. Being tucked up in my comforter I must of just looked like a bundle of clothes or something. I sighed and looked around and spotted a rusty metal timepiece hanging off to one side. I cocked my head to the side to read the time. Stifling a small scream I scrambled off the bed.

“Sh*t.” The time read 11:15. Gasping I rushed to the toilets. Once that was done I randomly picked out a white tank top and grey sweats and pulled them on. I quickly hurried towards the mess hall as my stomach protested at not being fed.

I stopped in front of the large wooden door. I was about to go in when the door slammed into my face. The next thing I knew cold liquid was running down my face and trickling down my neck. My nose wrinkled at its citrusy fragrance. Wiping my eyes I glared at the person in front of me.

He looked about 21 only 4 years older than me, but I’d soon be 18 in the next couple of weeks. He had dark brown hair that was messily sexy, the fringes touching the bluey grey eyes that stared back rather amused. Below them were perfectly chiseled features that caused me to swallow the drool that had somehow come to form. I forced my mouth shut. He was extremely toned; you could see that through his white tank top. Over that he wore a red plaid shirt unbuttoned with his sleeves rolled up. He was wearing simple dark denim jeans, and holding an empty glass with a trickle of orange liquid inside. His mouth started moving but I couldn’t hear what he was saying. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts as he repeated louder.

“You’re late. And by the way you might want to get some tissues and… a hair brush.” I stared at him blankly for a moment, and then realized in my hurry I had forgotten to brush my hair. I scowled at him and brushed past. He turned and followed me in. What a jerk! He didn’t even say sorry; then that… that… poop-head, (okay lame but I just woke up), had the nerve to say I looked like Frankenstein’s wife, (not the exact words but you could see it in his… eyes?). Urgh!

As soon as I walked through the door everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. There was a pause before laughter erupted and filled every corner of the mess hall. One dude was laughing way too hard, I flipped him off groaning inwardly and made my way to where Jason and Louise were seated. I squeezed into the seat between them and rested my head in my hands.

“What happened? Why were you in such a hurry? I mean you’re only five minutes late.” At this my head shot up and frantically looked around and found a large clock on the wall opposite, which read 8:06. The other stupid clock must a have been broken! “Actually your six minutes late.” I glared at Jason and turned my attention back to the front. Mrs. Howards had resumed talking. I scanned the room and saw the jerk smugly smiling in my direction. I shot daggers at him and tried to focus on what Mrs. Howards was saying.

“ Okay campers. You will be divided into two teams. My team will be called the blueberries, Eric’s team will be called the raspberries.”  Wow and I didn’t think it could get lamer, why couldn’t they just call it team blue and team red?! “Me and Eric will randomly select you by calling out names, taking it in turns.” An excited whisper ran through the hall. “Okay, William Halls…”

The names kept being called out and the seats around me kept getting emptier. Louise and Jason had ended up in Mrs. Howard’s team. I crossed my fingers hoping she’d pick me next.

Time went by, soon there was only three people left. Me, a short chubby kid called Charles and a tall lanky kid with shaggy sandy hair with peace signs tattooed across his hands, arms and part of his legs. I sighed, (my fingers were turning a unnatural white at crossing them so tightly together…). Eric called out the hippy dude, (…fingers turning purple…), and then to my greatest disappointment Mrs. Howards called out Charles (…yep I’m pretty sure I’m about two fingers finger-less now!!). I sighed. Sure, no one wants the kid with crazy hair and orange juice all over her.