Chapter 12

Valen

Just as I expected on our way here to London, there hasn't been a dull moment with Bria yet.

I'm drinking with Rei at the bar and I can't help but think back to moment with her in the jacuzzi... My lips automatically curl up before I know it.

It really wasn't her breasts she should've concealed. If anything, they deserved to be showed off... if only Rei wasn't there.

What really intrigued me though was the faint crimson blush that colored her ears. She may have feigned composure but there was no hiding that telltale sign of embarrassment. She has no idea how tempting the kind of thing is to a man. She usually plays it cool, but she's not good at dealing with unexpected situations.

"They say that a person who makes you smile when you think of them is unrivalled in your heart."

I notice Rei grinning next to me like he's discovered a huge secret, "You love sayings like that." Eventually I manage to wipe the grin smile off my face, replacing it with a wry smile as I clink my glass with Rei's.

Later, Rei holds out a small container of white pills to me. At that instance, they remind of how they bear a striking resemblance to a certain something... I wonder how'd she react if she saw this.

Simply imagining her reaction is enough to send a shiver of electric thrill through my body.

Would she be able to maintain her usual flawless facade or would she fall for the trap?

🃁

When I return to my room, I find myself in the presence of an unanticipated visitor.

"If I'd known you were in here, I would've called it a night earlier." I give her a suggestive smirk as I saunter into the room.

"I forgot to ask you, what time should I meet you in the morning?" She delivers her line perfectly, like it's been prepared in advance.

Her expression reveals nothing, not that I'm shocked. I don't get the impression she was sneaking around my room or anything since she doesn't seem to be hiding any kind of nervousness. If I had to say I sensed anything from her right now, it would be subtle hints of anger.

I pause on the lightheartedness and grow concernced for a moment, "What is it? Did something happen?"

"No but my room was made up just like yours, like a honeymoon suite." She scrunches her face up a little like a child that's had her lollipop taken off her.

"Oh, that's what's bothering you?" I resist the urge to break out of laughter. It's adorable really...

"Never mind, I should really get going."

When she tries to leave the room, I gently grab her arm, "We're meeting in the lobby tomorrow morning at ten. Now that you know that, work hours is officially over for you, right?

"I guess so..." She replies with hints of caution.

"Now that we're off the clock, you're just a woman. Right?"

Making no effort to conceal the sensuality I'm radiating, I run my thumb over her lips delicately. I lean in to one side and graze my lips over her earlobe before she steadily avoids me and takes a step back.

"Last time I checked, the bet hasn't been settled yet."

"We're not children. We could bend the rules a little." I gradually close the distance between us while my eyes are connected to hers. I whisper sweetly and low in her ear, "The way you looked at me in the pool earlier was something special." For a fraction of a second, I feel her muscles relax.

We're just a man and a woman alone in a grand hotel. One thing could easily lead to another in a situation like this... The memory of the glimpse I caught of her body in the pool runs through my mind again. Any man in my position would be fantasising about slowly taking off a woman's dress and exposing every inch of her bare skin covered underneath.

She places a hand on my chest and gently pushes me away but then the object in my breast pocket makes a faint noise. I don't miss the fact that her eyebrows faintly twitch once.

So this caught her attention...

"Oh, you're interested in this too?" I take out the container that Rei gave me; when the white pills catch her sight, any lingering hint of a romantic mood is sucked out of the room. "According to Rei, one of these is enough to send you straight to heaven."

"Rei said that?" From the look of wariness on her face, she definitely assumes these are drugs...

"Want to try it?" Let's have some fun, shall we?

"And if I told you I did?"

"I'd share it with you. But in exchange..."

I place a white pill in my mouth, I pull her towards me by the arm. I tilt her chin up with one hand and the other positions on the back of her head so she can't move away. I press my lips onto hers before she can react and push the pill into her mouth along with my tongue. Her plump lips are just as captivating as they look... She twists a little, but she can't seem to wriggle out of my grasp. Although I get the feeling she would be more than capable of fighting me off, it's like she chooses not to.

She lets out a small moan against my mouth. I like that sound... I want to hear more.

She gasps as my hands run over the curves on her body, I pull back only to kiss her again from a new angle.

Lewd, wet noises fill the air as my tongue skilfully dances with hers, and she makes that inviting sound again. I crack open my eyes just a little to capture a glimpse of her in this vulnerable state. The sweet tablet dissolves on our tongues. It's nostalgic flavor fills our mouths. She must realise what it is by now... I finally pull back and she reflextively raises her hand to slap me, but I grab onto it. "Is this really what I deserve after you said you wanted to try it?" I say narrowing my eyes, delighted with result I've received.

This leaves her at a loss for words and in the quiet room, I can vaguely hear her heart throbbing.

"That's an expression I haven't seen before in a while. Thanks for the treat. It was delicious." I chuckle brightly as she briskly storms out of the room.

Now I'm left with the mouthful of sweet ramune candy flavor — one of Japan's most popular candies.

The fact that she's trying to best me without using her body makes this more entertaining. It's been a long time since I've been up against a worthy component. This is why I'm so addicted to games.

There's a saying that secrets only add to a woman's allure... it's as if that line were written just for you Bria.