Chapter 3

Bria

This is Valen Hayes' castle... and I'm in his territory.

I can't deny that it creates a thrill for some reason, to meet the lord of this castle again.

The high-rise hotel's elevator is wall-to-wall glass, and the view of streets below me are clearly visible.

Below the skyscraper are parked with numerous limos, polished cars, and a plethora of paparazzis being blocked by security guards as they swarm all over the entrance with their cameras flashing every second.

As I walking into the hotel, I've heard that apparently there are A-list celebrities and reputable people from different industries all over the world coming here for a glamorous party. Just now the news was all over the tabloids and it's becoming the talk of the public today, this will surely boost the hotel's popularity even more.

Inside the hotel, numerous staff members wasted no time slacking off and immersed themselves in their roles, making sure everything is successful.

I wonder how often he hosts these parties?

Just as I'm thinking this, the elevator stops on the 62nd floor — the CEO's office.

Once I'm off the elevator, I hear faint voices in the distance on the otherwise silent floor.

I scan around the area and there is no one or thing here, not even a secretary desk. Is the lax security on this floor a sign of arrogance?

The voices seem to be coming from the room behind a simple white oak door that's been left wide open. Is that on purpose? I make sure my heels don't make a sound as I walk towards the door.

A woman's high-pitched cry is now more audible, "More!"

"More? You're greedy, aren't you?" That's Valen's voice... and what comes into view is the man holding the half-dressed woman in his arms. However they don't look like they're having sex right now, she probably got here not long ago.

"Does this mean I win... Mr Hayes?" She says in a breathless voice.

"I don't know, I'm not in the mood to lose to be honest."

I can see their silhouettes entwined on top of his desk as the sun sets out the window.

Bringing a woman into his office? So this is how the second richest billionaire in the world gets down.

The woman, hanging all over him, suddenly turns to my direction. Her intuition must've alerted her to my presence because she rapidly pulls away from him. Her gaze meets mine and she straightens her disheveled dress before flying out of the office without a word.

Completely poised, I stroll over to his desk while he stands there, not intending to do anything with his unbuttoned shirt, his toned abs and muscles on display. I need to stay professional. "You wanted to see me... Mr Hayes?"

A smile that could captivate any woman in the world lights up his face. "I'm glad you could make it." He used to say that he doesn't believe in using pick-up lines.

"I thought this might've been a good time to visit... but it seems you were in the middle of something." I fix an apologetic look as I glance in the direction the woman ran off in. "I'm sorry about the interruption."

"In the middle of something?" His lips curl into a small smirk.

"Were you not?"

He walks around his desk, never letting his gaze leave mine. "No, I was. But you walked in on us without even blinking. You react differently than most women. Your composure intrigues me, Miss Auden."