Chapter 10 Side Story

Daran's POV

"This is amazing! Did you make this?" The girl next of me asks as I pass the next cupcake to the person next in line. I look at her with a small smile and nod.

"I did. I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you'll be willing to donate to our charity to help families that need support." I say as I give her one more cupcake, and she looks through her purse to pull out a twenty.

"Yes, of course and thank you for another cupcake." She says as we exchange each other's items. I put the twenty in the case before closing it and looking to my helper.

"Things are going great! I can't believe how much we raised. Thanks again for the help. Sorry to ask last minute." I tell them, and they shake their heads.

"Please, anything to help towards charity." They say, and I feel grateful to hear that there are people still out in the world willing to do good. I'm glad I could find a substitute since Ethan hadn't shown. It was weird. He isn't this irresponsible to not give me a heads up if he was canceling on helping out. I told him about this fundraiser a week ago, and he seemed happy to join. I wonder if he's okay. I should visit him at his dorms afterwards to check up on him.

"Grrrrr..." I heard my wolf, Yuri, growl, and I was confused as I handed the next cupcake to the next person.

"What's up with you?" I asked Yuri as I, welcome the next person, but as soon as the words left my mouth, I immediately regretted speaking them when I hear is voice. "Hello, I'm glad you were able to-"

"Hello there, feisty." Rafael grabs the cupcake and licks the top of the icing. He stares me down as I pull back my hand, but before I can he grabs my wrist. "Don't you want my money?"

I looked down at my wrist, seeing that he hadn't tightened his grip. I could get out of it easily. He was just trying to fluster me and it wasn't going to work. I look back at Rafael and then look at the rest of the line behind him. Sighing and I put whatever thoughts I had away and focus on the bigger picture. Smiling, I look back at him and only did I notice the scar I gave him was gone. "Only if you can."

He smirked as he seemed to have won this little battle we've been having ever since that night. If only that bastard didn't approach me none of this would be happening.

Night of the Part (Yuri POV)

"Yuri! What are you doing letting Ethan go up there by himself? What if something happens? Follow him!" I hear Daran yell and I grumble.

"Ethan is an adult. He can take care of himself. Besides, we have trouble coming our way." I say before turning my head to look at alpha approaching me. I brought the cup that I grabbed the moment Ethan left his lips and started to drink it. It was definitely something acholic, lucky enough Daran wasn't no lightweight. So I didn't have to limit myself and while I'm here, just got to deal stupid alphas like-

"So, what's a lonely beta doing here alone. Someone must have vouched for you to be here otherwise, I couldn't understand why you're at this party. Unless you're looking for some action tonight." He said as he put his hand on the wall I was leaning. Pretty much entrapping me between him and the table.

I ignore the bastard as I take another swing of my drink, letting him know I was not at all interested. Unfortunately, it seems the meathead here didn't get the hint. As I felt his hand brush up against my cheek and go down to my neck, before I could understand what he was doing he pushed me to the wall. I growl and look up at the alpha while he's glaring down at me. "You think you can ignore me, bitch?"

I look up at him and smirk. "I didn't think I could. I did ignore you. I suggest you take your hands off me before your night is ruined." I tell him while gripping my cup tighter.

"Look at that, little bitch thinks he can take an alpha. We'll just see about-" Before he could finish his sentence I threw my drink in his face. He lets me go, which gives me a chance to try and get away. Though I must have not been quick enough because he manages to catch my wrist.

He had an iron grip on my wrist and he looked pissed. "Alright, time to teach you where your place is." He lifted up his fist to punch me but before he could someone's own fist came out of nowhere and punched the alpha right in the jaw.

I watched as the alpha fell to the ground and dragged me with him but not too far as another hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back up. I slammed into what felt like a wall and when I started to focus on my surroundings again I realized it wasn't a wall. It was a man and he looked... like a true alpha. He was looking down at me with a worried look. "Are you okay?" He asks, holding me to his side as he examines me.

I was so lost in my own thoughts about the man in front of me that I couldn't really process what was happening next as I shifted control back to Daran. "Wait, what's happening?"

Daran's POV

I shifted control in a blink of an eye as I looked at the man that intervened in the tussle between Yuri and the alpha on the floor. I felt my face heat up before I quickly gained control of my feet and stood up from the support of the man that had saved us. "Rafael, what the hell was that man?!" The man on the floor says.

"So Rafael is his name." I think to myself before I process my words before I speak though whatever I wanted to say was quickly exchanged with something else. "...I got to go." I say before getting out his grip and running out the alpha's property. I hear him call for it but I ignore it and run back to my dorm and try to forget about this night. Sadly that did not happen.

Present Day

Ugh, why did this have to happen to me. I say as I watch Rafael take out a twenty out of his wallet and hand it out to me. I went to grab it but he pulled it back from and he glared. He chuckled. "You look cute when you're pouting. So this your human self, I see it your wolf can give a more convincing glare."

He said and I could feel my face heat up again from embarrassment. Sighing I, hold my hand and roll my eyes. "Can you please act like an adult?"

"I will. I just want to talk to you. Just for a moment." He says as he places the twenty in my hand. "And I won't even hold my money hostage for it." He says and I narrow my eyes at him as I put the money in the case.

"Why?" I ask him, wondering if he had something up his sleeve. "Why do you want to talk to me?"

"Follow me and you'll find out." He said as he stepped aside and waited for me.

Annoyed but intrigued, I looked to my helper and told him that I was back, with more cupcakes and followed Rafael. "Why are you following this alpha? They're no good." Yuri said as we walked down to the campus cafe where the rest of cupcakes were stored.

"Look, he saved us that night and considering he's not mad at you for scaring him the other day. I say we owe him." I say and hear Yuri growl in a way that he hated it but I was right.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask him and look at him. He looks at me with his sly smirk as we reach the cafe. He opens the door for me and I enter with him behind me. I stop and turn to him. "Well?" I ask again.

He looked down at me with a damn smirk still and tilted his head. "You look so adorable, you know that?" He said and I felt my face heat up again. I am so glad I can't blush.

"What did that mutt say!?" Yuri yells. "Let me get control! I'll give him a scar that won't heal this time."

"You even fidget more than your wolf." He leans forward to get close to my face. I take a step back and glare at him.

"If all you wanted to do was tease me you can leave." I say as I get ready to leave, but before I do I hear him tell me to stop. Sighing turning around I look at him. "What?"

He walks closer to me and I see his hand reach up to my face and to my surprise he goes to push my dread away from my face before saying. "Go out on a date with me."