Chapter 2

Ethan's POV

I was finally far into the forest, where I didn't need to worry about being naked in front of the whole university. I take off my clothes as I fast could feel my wolf, Bardulf, start to get railed up.

"Alright, alright, I'm moving," I tell him as I remove the rest of my clothing.

"Well, you're moving slower than your grandmother, and she had a bad hip." He yells back, and I roll my eyes before I shift into my wolf form.

Bardulf's POV

I slowly get into control over our body as we shift into our wolf form. I grab his clothes after stretching. I jump onto a rock in front of me. Then, I look at the layout of the land and see nothing but forest all around for me to run into. I take a full breath in, breathing in the fresh air away from the university. "You smell that?" I asked Ethan as he was minding his own business.

"What? Pine? The same smell we smell every time we come out here. Oh, wait... I also smell shit." He says in an unimpressed tone.

"And that's nature. The smell of freedom." I say as I hop down the rocks until I hit the ground and start a full sprint run. Moving quickly and dodging the trees in front of me and jumping over logs.

"If this is freedom, I don't want it." He said, but I knew he was joking. He was enjoying the run just as much as I was. If he didn't he wouldn't still be awake, and as excited as I was right now.

We try to do this as much as we can, but Ethan and his schoolwork make it hard to do it. So whenever he does get the chance, there's no way he can hold back his excitement. I was coming up to our usual spot in the woods, a small lake that we found not too long after we came here. Surprisingly it was unmarked, no one had found this spot and it became a spot for us to just relax and enjoy the quiet life.

When I finally get to our destination, I look out to the lake from above and admire the view. I jumped from the cliff I was standing on and into the lake diving in and feeling the cold water embrace me. My fur dances in the water as I swim back to the top and I climb out of the lake and onto the ground. I shake myself dry and lay down to look at the sun slowly setting. "Can we drop from life and just live as a wolf forever?" I ask Ethan and shift inside me.

"Hell, no! Do you think I want to hunt for my food and stay in a cold cave for the rest of my life? You can get that out of your head... our head." He retorted and I whined subconsciously. Ethan laughs and sighs. "We should start heading back before it gets too dark."

"Alright." I say as I stand back up and run back up to the cliff to get our clothes before heading back to the university. Once we were close enough I shifted back to our human form, while Ethan was asleep. I just continue to take control, I put back on our clothes and check my phone to read Daran's text. It was the code to enter the beta dorms, so when I make it over there I just punch in the numbers and open the doors. When I entered the building the first thing that I noticed was the smell.

It was filled with alpha and omega scents but it was weaker, I shouldn't be surprised by it. Hanging around Daran all this time since we were kids I should have expected this. I go to the hallway until I find the dorm that had the numbers that Daran had texted me. I knocked on his door once I reached it, and after a few moments, I heard a door open and movement in the dorm. Then the door in front of me opens and I see Daran shirtless and in his joggers. He looked down at me and smirked as water droplets dripped from his hair and onto his chest. Right, where there was a tattoo, it was nothing special, just two letters and a dash. 'B-O.' "You made it in time. I was just about to call the campus police to go searching for you.

"Yeah, yeah, move it butthead," I smirk back as I watch him move over to let me in. Once I entered the dorm, he shut the door behind me.

"Bardulf." He chuckled out my name. "As sweet as ever. Is Ethan asleep?" He asks me and I simply nod as I fall on the couch. "Well, I have some clothes you can change into. Might be a little big but whatever." He says as he grabs them from on top of his dresser and throws them to me. I catch them and sniff them. "They're clean."

"Had to make sure you weren't setting me up." I laugh as I get up from the couch after asking him where his bathroom is. I went in there and took a shower and changed into his clothes and left the room. I returned to Daran laying on the couch I was on with a pillow and blanket. "Nope, I'm taking the couch, get in your bed," I say walking up to him as he looks over from his phone and looks up at me.

"Who are you to make demands in my dorm?" He asks with a smirk as he looks at me.

"The guest. Now move it to beta." I tell him to put a hand on and narrow my eyes at him.

"Make me." He says as his smirk widens before looking back at his phone. I start to grind my teeth before sighing.

"You better tell Ethan I told you to sleep in your bed. I don't want to hear it from him in the morning." I tell him as I go over to his bed and dropped onto it and get comfortable. I hear Daran get up to turn the lights off and before I knew it I was looking at a dark ceiling.

"Hey, Bardulf?" I hear Daran call out my name as he lays back on his couch.

"Yeah? What's up?" I ask him as I continue to look up at the ceiling.

"You ever thought of finding someone to mark you?" He asked and I raised a brow before turning to my side and looking at Daran who was looking at the ceiling.

"I mean, yeah. Ethan and I have thought about it, it's only natural to do so. Have you and Yuri found someone?" I ask him and snort.

"No, we haven't. Not a lot of people want to stick with a beta. We're not as virile as alphas and we're not as fertile as you. So, who wants to mate with us." He say and as much as I want to say that it wasn't true that he found someone. It was the truth. Betas are looked over as nonviable partners in the eyes of the world. It doesn't matter how much of a perfect person they are, they're looked at as second-class citizens.

"Bardulf..." I heard Ethan's voice and I hadn't realized that he had woken up. "...let me take control." I do as he says and let Ethan back in control.

Ethan's POV

Bardulf had let me back in control of our body and before I knew what I was doing I got out of bed and walked myself over to Daran. He looks over at me in confusion as I make my way over there. I form a fist and hit Daran in the head. "Ow! What was that for?"

"To get that dumb shit out of your head. Listen you'll find someone for you and when you do I'll be there to support you... or murder them. You got that!" I say pulling him by his collar and shaking him.

"I got it! I got it!" He say before laughing, and not long after I laugh with him. "I got you back to Ethan." He smiled at me.

We stay up a little longer talking about the past when I get a message from my phone. I picked up my phone and looked to see who was texting me. It was one of the other omegas I had class with and we exchanged numbers. I read the text and my eyes widened. "Well, don't keep me in suspense. What text say?"

I look up and show him. "There's a party being held this weekend... by the Primal Moon Pack."