Chapter 4

Ethan's POV

"We're only in line, and I'm already getting weird looks from the omegas here." Daran says as he looks over at me with his arms crossed.

"Ignore them, I'm the only opinion you need, and I say you look like a whole dinner." I joke, and Daran rolls his eyes groaning. We were waiting in line to get inside the Primal Moon pack house. We were close to the entrance. We could tell from where we were standing that everyone was enjoying themselves inside. Lights were flashing, the music was blasting, and lots of screaming in the backyard. Which I can only imagine is because of a pool.

"I have to say I thought I saw at least one wolf around here." Daran says as moved up in the line.

"The night is still young. We might see one jumping into the pool before the night ends." I say before we finally reach the front doors which were guarded by two alphas. They look at us and nod for us to enter and I walk in with no problem. However, when I turn to tell Daran how it smells in here I see that he was being held up by the guards.

"I didn't hear the message being sent to any betas. Do you remember any messages being sent to any betas, Mark?" One of the guards says as they have a hand on Daran's chest pushing him back outside.

"Can't say I do Kev." The other guard says smirking. "How about you do us a favor and run along before we have to kick your ass off our property. Daran looks at them both before smacking the guy's hand off his chest and growling.

"I'd like to see you try." Daran says, getting up in their face. No, Daran wouldn't do this; he avoids all conflict if he can try. This was Yuri. I quickly moved in between the three before the two guards could try something.

"He's with me. Can he please come in?" I ask, trying to avoid a fight breaking out. Daran and Yuri might be stronger than omegas, but not as strong as alphas. The guard looks down at me and then looks at Yuri.

"Depends. What type of beta is he?" He asks as he continues to glare at Yuri.

"None of your bus-"

"Omega," I say, cutting Yuri's sentence and pulling him into the house, and pushing him behind me. "Are we good here?"

"Yeah, we're good here. Next time, how about leaving the beta at home." They say before going back to their job. I roll my eyes before turning to Yuri.

"What the hell, Yuri? Are you trying to get Daran and you killed." I say walking beside him in the crowd of people around us.

"I'm not in the mood for your foolishness today." He looked down at me with a glare. "I didn't even want to be here in the first place. However, if I'm going to be here I'm going to be in control." He looks over and grabs himself a red cup and dip it in the punch bowl and drink it.

"Those two are polar opposites, I don't know how they share one body," I tell Bardulf as he grunts.

"I can't stand him, always been hotheaded." He added to my comment. It was a rare sight to see Yuri, he usually slumbers within Daran and only wakes when he thinks Daran's judgment is stupid. I guess this is one of those situations.

"Hey!" I looked up at Yuri who was looking above me. "Isn't that the guy we're here for?" He nods in the direction which I follow above me. On the second floor, I look up to see those same green eyes that I was looking at earlier today. Staring down at me now, I turn back to Yuri and nod.

"What should we do? Should we-"

"Nuh uh. I'm hearing too much 'we.' This is your problem. I told Daran that we'd go here but anything else is not in agreement. You go figure out why he's mean eyeing you." He motioned me to go up the stairs before going to get whatever was in the punchbowl.

"Selfish as always." Bardulf says as I sigh and start to make my way up the steps to the second floor. As we step onto the second I see that man was still leaning over the rail and staring down at the crowd. Moving pass the crowd of people I finally walk up next to the man, but he doesn't look over to me.

"Uh, hey." I say as I place my hand on the rail so I can lean on it. "I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the guy that bumped into you a couple of days ago."

"What the hell? Of course, he remembers you, it's the reason he's been looking at you." Bardulf says and I mentally facepalm myself. However, if he does he doesn't give you an answer, but he does look over at me. I see his eyes moving as if to scan my face and for some reason, I decided to do the same as well. I don't know what's different from now than from earlier today but for some I find myself drawn to it.

He stood up from the rail and cut our stare before he started making his way through the crowd. "Should I follow him?" I ask Bardulf.

"Yeah, let's do it." He says and I nod to myself as I push the people in front of me. It was pretty easy to keep my eyes on him as he was taller than anyone in the hallway. It wasn't until I saw him go into a room that I lost sight of him. The door was still open, was it because he did want me to follow him?

I stand outside the room door for a moment before I swallow my nerves and walk into the room. Once I entered the room, I noticed that the only light that was coming into the room was from the hallway and the window that let the moon shine through. "Close the door." I hear a deep voice say from the other side of the room.

I hesitated on the command before I did as he said and close to the hallway. I stood near the door not knowing what to do as I felt curious about why he brought me to this room. When my eyes finally adjusted to the dark I see the man sitting on a bed looking out the window. I breathe out the air I didn't know I was holding and walk myself over to him. I stand near him and look out the window with him before turning my gaze to him.

After a few moments, he turned his gaze to me. We held our gaze on each other for a few more seconds before one of us finally spoke. "Are you scared of me?" He asked and after he said that a memory of him standing over that man that he had beaten today flashed into my head. I should be scared of the fact that he easily beat a man that was pretty much the same size as him and walked out still clean. However, I wasn't, because I was soon remembering the first time we met as he was giving me a warning about watching my step. He may not have said it nicely, but he was watching out for me.

"No, I'm not," I answered his question as he stared at me for a moment before nodding.

"Can I smell you?" He asks and I raise a brow from the question that came out of nowhere. However, I wanted to smell him too. The first time I met him I noticed that his smell was familiar, I wonder if it was the same for him too.

"Yes, if I can do the same," I say as I glance back out the window from the embarrassment of even asking that question.

"Real smooth." Bardulf said as he put his ears down.

"If you want to do the talking then go right ahead." I say rolling my eyes and before Bardulf could say anything I heard the man speak up.

"Yes, you can." He looked up to me from his bed. I turn to him in surprise and we look at each other wondering who acts first. Though it was more of me wondering who acted first. The man already was pulling me to him and the closer I got to his face, I could tell...

"This actually wouldn't be a night to forget."