Chapter 9: An Emperor's Nightingale Song

"Apo..." Gentle snores were the only reply for the call to the younger's name. Kinn worried his bottom lip between his teeth as he whispered once more to confirm the sleeping creature was, in fact, asleep. "Apo..." Kinn's fingers brushed tentatively against the back of the other man's nape, that was facing towards him with a sizable hickey near the back of his earlobe, that Kinn flushed with pride at seeing. His thumb picked up a stray droplet of sweat that he licked clean, and thought about adjusting the temperature in the room before recalling that he absolutely adored the sheen Apo's caramelized skin took on.

Especially after an exerted activity like making love. Kinn was giddy calling sex that. 'Making love'. The mafia head had repeated it into Apo's ear, that the younger had to bop him in the head a few times to get him to stop. It was impossible not to be incredibly high on a cloud...for only so long. Now his eyes were allowed to freely gaze along his lover.

The man glowed so iridescently that Kinn was certain a nightlight would never be needed again to light his way in the darkness, he only needed the actor.

The moonlight that streamed through the open curtains nearby gave a view of the cityscape, an impressive sight to most, and it paled to the magnificence adorning his bed. The feeling of his eased heart in his ribcage had Kinn ironically restless. He was usually always a frenzy of madness, chaos, and discord. Not peacefully restful with a lover in his arms.

"So beautiful..." His breathy whisper blew the tufts of hair at the base of that strong neck, smiled secretly at the goosebumps that developed there and just tilted his head. How could he lose his very soul to this man? Just another human that he'd found irrefutable comfort in. And his feelings were returned! It was the only victory Kinn needed to know he had finally succeeded at life. Money and power faded or disappeared, love was supposed to be a staple that carried the strongest of men through hailstorms, and Kinn knew this would be true.

But after every storm that passed through, the aftermath could be devastating - if unprepared.

"I love you...so much. I'm terrified..." The barest of admissions came out weakly, choked almost. Grateful that the dozing back facing him would not witness such vulnerability. Kinn being allowed this miniscule moment to absorb. A sharp gulp of saliva in his mouth, a build up from the anxiety that filled him now that the initial adrenaline had dissipated with their fevered passion, molded dance of flesh. Now the afterglow of the younger as he rested allowed Kinn time to think.

He wasn't blind, "I could've lost you." A statement. Solidly mused, quietly reflected to the beauty snoring more securely. The sounds becoming a fundamental for Kinn now. How curious that he'd vowed to never be in this predicament again. Filled with conflicts, feeling undeserving; his resolve wavering despite the relief from the rescue.

His fingers had touched against the rope burns on Apo's wrists when he'd applied healing cream and aloe to soothe the scalded skin.

His eyes noticed the very thin line of a blade against the actor's neck, treated the injury promptly and bandaged, receiving a smile of gratitude in return.

Kinn's ire grew at the bruises against Apo's forearms when he had pinned him down to the bed, noticed the small wince cross those features that dazzled him constantly with their emotions, and only given assurances to continue. 'Don't stop Kinn, I need to feel you...' and Kinn couldn't stop. Shamefully as he should have set boundaries and resisted. He didn't want to.

He proceeded to claim every inch, every centimeter, every sliver of anything that belonged to Apo with his own hands, mouth, and essence. The need to imprint and reclaim positively primal.