Chapter 4: Feather-like Kiss

Nervous was the understatement of the century.

Downright petrified is how he felt as he stood there and allowed hands to roam freely against his body in order to hem the length of the trousers clad to his long legs, adjust the hem about his waist to secure said pants in place as his slim waist definitely had its downside, to the cuffs being adjusted around his wrists. He was used to being dressed and made up like a doll; being an ex-model in the fashion industry, it was customary to be shifted about and tailored to the designers delight.

Except now he was not going to be walking on the stretch of a catwalk that was familiar and comfortable, he would be walking on the arm of one of the most, if not themost influential individuals in the free world. He would be asinine to believe Kinn didn't have his hand in all the cookie jars. Tonight, was no exception; there was a soiree being held by the Theerapanyakun family at the Four Seasons Hotel and of course, Kinn was expected to attend and cater to the prestigious and luxurious crowd. Apo, being the boyfriend that had yet to make an appearance save for a couple of dinners with Tankhun and Kinn in the mansion's dining area. The guards were aware of him, respected his space as Kinn instructed them to be, and he was adjusting to more than just one instance with Kinn himself.

The man was tenacious to a fault.

He both admired and worried about that attribute. Would it make playing his role impossible if the other man had his own ideas or feedback to interject into Apo's character? It made sense. If they were both on an intimate level that Apo became the live-in beau, then he had to be receptive to anything Kinn was putting down. But dammit if it didn't make his heart pick up its pace when those shadowed, hooded eyes glanced over to him and gave him undivided attention when he spoke animatedly with Tankhun about his shows. He couldn't help it. He enjoyed speaking about his work but not in a bragging way, mostly just in a pride and reflection way; it was his nature to be chatty or excited over topics of conversation that worked for him.

Most of the time, the company that Apo kept were colleagues and co-workers who always boasted about themselves or their contribution to the project whereas Apo wanted to hype everyone and all contributors. According to the whispers behind his back, that made him too much of a people-pleaser and not an individual, he would only shrug off the words because they were meaningless to him. He would continue to give credit where credit was due. They normally ignored him and went about their conversation without including him again. So it was the oddest to not just have Tankhun's attention but also Kinn's. And Kinn's felt more penetrating in the gaze that leveled with him, nodded in the appropriate places to acknowledge he listened, and even chiming in occasionally. It really was surprising because the other man would be reading over a document, eating, or all three at the same time – it was admirable.

Was Kinn making a viable effort because he cared or because it was for the practice of their appearances as a couple? Either way, Apo would be lying to himself if he didn't enjoy the attention.

Then came the touches. Goodness if they didn't send shivers down his spine and developed goosebumps on his forearms that he was glad were covered most of the time with flowy, long sleeved blouses. He could control his facial expressions and his words, but his body tended to betray him and acted of its own accord. The physical reactions were difficult to hide except with loose fitted clothing.

The actions started small, almost unrecognizable to anyone except Apo who was not only on the receiving end of the gestures; but also, insanely observant to the gilded, golden cage he'd placed himself in. A brush of fingertips against his nape when he looked over the city scape and Kinn joined by his side after a long day. They had conversed, they had laughed at the vagueness in the older man's statement, and then just stood in silence.