Chapter 7: Hushed Hurricane

Their contract was broken.

Their titles no longer the casual falseness of 'boyfriends' being purchased. They agreed that they would give this opportunity, whatever it was, a chance to blossom underneath their steady hearts and patient hands. If roses bloomed, then that was enough for Kinn, if instead weeds grow, he would burn them all. Rip his heart from his chest, throw it into the pile of smoldering ash and never think about love again.

It was a wasteful emotion that if he was idiotic to partake in twice and still come out a loser at the end, then he had no need for it. He vowed this to himself. Apo would be his one last shot of redemption. Not that the actor knew any of it, it was a hidden secret in the depths of Kinn's black hole of a heart that had slowly, but surely, turned red with vibrancy and color since the younger appeared in his life. Messily, chaotically (thanks to Kinn himself), and somehow was making himself at home with how he took to the surroundings. Initially afraid of being domineering or assertive, Kinn told Apo to treat the compound as his home and the staff as his. If Apo wanted to toss them down a flight of stairs for being insubordinate, Kinn would fire them afterwards for daring to flare up his lover's anger or if the actor wanted to sneak midnight snacks before bed and the cook was asleep to do so, Kinn would fire them for not being available to his boyfriend's endearing night owl habits.

Both options were shot down by Apo who chided him for being so cold and untoward towards the staff; told Kinn to be nicer and perhaps the staff would actually oblige in a lot of things. They would have a mini spat, Kinn would rebuttal with the fact that he paid all of these people to do as he commanded, and Apo would push back with the comment that the staff were humans at the end of the day and life was special.

He knew that Apo was aware that he, himself, was a mafia head and that the lingering violence and gun at his waistband wasn't just for show; however, Kinn didn't want to pop the illusion that Apo seemed to have about him either. He was coarse and rough as a blunt knife at times, Kinn knew that element about himself long ago, but it seemed that in Apo's eyes, Kinn was the sharpest sword and only used to defend himself. How utterly precious. It was difficult to not yield to whatever the younger mentioned, giving in with nods at the premise of getting pecked kisses of happiness, the glow of those honey irises in his direction of pride, and Kinn melted.

Sitting in his seat at the head of the long table of their meeting room where all the smaller turf leaders came to report their territory earnings, rival problems, and of course, the movement of money. His money. That was all of importance. A purring in his lap made him blink out of his momentary stupor, sitting straight and allow his palm to caress against the feline's back.

SourCream Lobster. His unexpectedly adopted son.

He supposed he could have done worse in that department. The weight was just comfortable and didn't take up too much space. Perfectly nestled.

Apo had mentioned he would be heading out to get more items from his apartment. Kinn sent Big with him along with a moving company to pack up everything. That earned him a frustrated yet endearing look from Apo because it meant that he, Kinn Theerapanyakun, wanted the actor to become a permanent staple under Kinn's protection and roof. And he did. It was just convenient and too much of a hassle to have the other separated from him. Space was just a figment of imagination in a relationship. His brother would probably call him psychotic but once he dipped his toe in that lake, there really was no going back at this point. If Apo were to live in his apartment, out of Kinn's reach, he wasn't above purchasing the apartment building and neighboring complex in order to guarantee Apo's safety. A touch inflated but he wasn't Kinn if he wasn't exaggerated, extravagant, and extraordinary. Apo knew what he was getting into the moment the other dared to flash the serene smile that gave Kinn nothing but comfort and wanted to inhale every second of every minute of every day.