Dimitri's anguish

This is sooooo short, but I did get some ideas so please bear with me!

Dimitri’s point of view:

As I got in from work, I ate quickly and went to see tuck my son in. Tonight I was staying at Rose’s since she was watching my son. I went into his room and kissed him goodnight before continuing on. When I passed Marie’s room, I heard little whimpers and peeked in. She was snuggled in bed, but I could see the tears on her face. “Marie, honey, what’s wrong?”

“I had a nightmare.” She replied. I went to her and held her close.

“What was it about?”

“The ghosts, they tried to get me. They said that I didn’t belong here anymore.” She cried.

“It’s going to be okay.” I told her and held her until she fell asleep. Dimitri continued towards Rose’s room and found her awake, talking frantically at the wall.

“Mason, how could you let them do that to her? She’s just a little girl.” Rose spoke. “I know I gave you permission to talk to her, but damn couldn’t you have calmed her or something. No ghost is taking my baby from me.”

“You gave her permission to talk to him? Rose are you crazy? Why didn’t you ask me first?” I stormed into the room and she jumped. “That is my daughter too. How could you not run something potentially life threatening like that past me?”

“Dimitri, I just wanted her to be happy.”

“I know that, but just because you want her happy all the time doesn’t mean that is what’s right for her.”

“What would you know? You don’t know half of what I know about her. Why don’t you worry about your kid and I’ll worry about mine. Marie has been my daughter for five years now and I’m not going to let you change how I parent her.” Rose yelled at me and the happy image of what tonight could have been disappeared.

“I guess our date and night didn’t mean as much to you as it did to me. I thought we were past all of this, but apparently not since I’m not even allowed to have a say in what we allow Marie to do and not do. Well goodbye my Roza, I won’t interfere with your life again.” I chocked on my tears and left the room, going to get Dimka and then leaving.

When I reached my apartment, Christian was sitting watching TV with Angel in his arms eating. “What happened, man?” He asked the minute I was inside.

“Rose,” I started, but couldn’t finish. I was bawling. How could she do that to me? Say that to me?