Rose and Dimitri: Morning after

I think you'll be surprised!

Rose’s POV: The morning after

When I woke in the morning, I expected Dimitri to be gone again. I braced myself for disappointment as I opened my eyes. However, I noticed extra warmth and turned to see Dimitri wrapped around my body, almost literally. His legs were twined with mine and his arm was around my middle, holding me to him. My heart leapt at the sight of him in my bed after our night.  I snuggled back into his body and allowed myself to fall back to sleep.

There was a smell that woke me up and Dimitri wasn’t in bed anymore. I panicked! Did he leave me? The door opened and Dimitri came in with a tray of food in his hands and only his pair of underwear on. He smiled at me as I sat up, knowing full well that my chest was showing. I found his shirt in arms reach and slipped it on, buttoning it fast. He sat down next to me and placed the tray between us. We both leaned in for a kiss and pulled away smiling. “I love you.” We declared at the same time.

He made pancakes, eggs, toast, and there was coffee and orange juice too. Dimitri and I fed each other. No words were shared. We were happy in our silence, basking in the love of the other. After breakfast, we moved the tray onto the floor and snuggled together in bed. He kissed me so sweetly it sent my heart into a frenzy and I found myself pulling him on top of me again.

When we finally did get out of bed and after our shower, it was time to get back to our kids. We were lucky to have friends that would look after them for us for so long. Dimitri and I savored our last minutes alone together before going to find Eddie and Mia and our kids.

Eddie’s place was across the court so we drove towards his house, having to steal kisses whenever we could. We were in love again and it felt great. We held hands while we waited at his door. Soon a very tousled looking Mia opened the door, breathing heavy. “Are we interrupting something?” I giggled.

“Uhm, well yes, but nothing we can continue later.” Eddie showed up behind her in his boxers.

“I think it’s time for us to get our kids before they attack each other,” Dimitri told me and I smirked.

“I think you’re right.” We went inside and found the kids in the guest room watching TV. As I passed Eddie and Mia, I commented on them. “I’m happy you two are happy together.”

“Eddie needed a little pick me up considering the day.” She told me and Eddie looked at me.

“Mason would want me to be happy right?”

I hugged Eddie tightly. “He’d want us all to be happy.” I missed Mason. I wished I could still talk to him. As if by the Spirit side of me heard me, Mason appeared. “Mason,” I whispered. He smiled at me. “Aw Mase, I miss you.”

“I miss you, too.” He mouthed to me. “Tell Eddie that I’m glad he’s happy with Mia.” I relayed the message to Eddie and he looked at me.

“Mason is here.” I told him.

“Mase, if you can hear me for real, I miss you, bud.” Eddie spoke, looking around.

I turned back to Mason and saw him smiling. “I miss him, too.” He mouthed and I told Eddie. “Rose, how are you?”

I smiled at him. “I’m content. I have a daughter. She’s almost six.” I told him.

“Husband?” he mouthed looking sad.

“No, I’m not married.” I replied. “It was an accident, but she means the world to me.”

“HEY MASEY!” I heard Marie’s voice and turned to see her. She was looking towards Mason. I looked back at Mason to see him smiling at her.

“You can see each other?” I asked to neither one in particular.

“Yes, I talk to Masey all the time.” My daughter told me. “He loves you. You know.”

I looked at Mason. “I love you, Mason. Always have. Always will.”

He smiled. And looked back to my daughter. “I’ll talk to you later, Mason. I love you.” Marie told him and blew him a kiss. I said goodbye to him as well and went to my daughter.

“I think we have lots to talk about.” I looked at her pointedly and she reluctantly nodded.

“What does this mean?”

“We don’t know all of it yet. We need to talk to her.” He told me and kissed me. “We will keep her safe.” I nodded and brought him into a kiss.

When we returned home, I took Marie into her room and sat her on her bed. “Marie, when did you start seeing Mason?”

“I’ve seen him for a few years.” She told me.

“And you talk to him?”

“Yes, everyday,” she smiled. “He tells me stories about you and him.” She added at the end.

“What do you know about him?”

“He’s dead.” Marie told me, sadly.

SOOOOOO I know it isn't as long as you'd like, but what do you think of that?