THE BEGINNING

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping...the people around you are happy as they talk and the atmosphere is just right.

It was a lovely day as you were walking around in Sumeru, your nation. Where you were first born and where you were raised your whole entire life.

You were an energetic yet chaotic teenager although you were admired by many people, especially from other travellers and visitors from different nations you've heard.

Ever since you were 4 years old, you got your vision from a mysterious merchant, who was giving out rare items to people that past by. You collected a pyro vision from them and you were trained to use a polearm, which you were pretty much an expert at.

Anyways, today you woke up with excitement and enthusiasm. Why? Because today, you were going on a very fun trip to Fontaine! Again, why? After the twins got reunited, Aether and Lumine, Aether decided to take you to Fontaine as an award for your help in able to reunite with his twin sister again.

Another reason why you were going to Fontaine was because the nation of justice was always and forever your dream nation to go to! You saw many photographs of it and it looked outstanding! Especially the people who earned their vision somehow. They were really attractive looking.

❝ Hey, Y/n, hurry up! The ship is leaving soon and we don't wanna be late. We need to get to Fontaine as quick as possible! ❞ Aether said, grabbing your arm and rushing towards the boat that was going to take you to Fontaine.

As you both were rushing towards the boat, you saw Lumine and Paimon already there. It seemed like they were waiting for your guys arrival. Lumine saw you both and smiled at the sight of you rushing towards them.

❝ Ah, there you guys are! Paimon was getting uncontrollably impatient of your guys arrival. Haha, I had to keep on telling her to be patient and calm down. ❞ Lumine said as she placed both of her hands on her hips, smiling awkwardly at the both of you.

❝ Hey! Paimon wasn't whining and complaining that much! I just don't like waiting for so long...even ask Aether! He knows me very well. ❞ Paimon said with a frown on her face, crossing her arms at Lumine.

Aether released a sigh from his mouth, facepalming and shaking his head softly in response. You laughed softly at his reaction, seeing the look of disappointment on his face.

❝ Were sorry to keep you waiting, Paimon. Especially you Lumine. It was my fault, I have to admit. I was taking my precious time walking around Sumeru..I'm going to miss my homeland. Including my friends. ❞

You said to both Paimon and Lumine, placing one of her hands over your heart as you smiled back at Lumine.

Paimon's expression changed as she looked at you, feeling pity that you're going to leave your comfort place for a few weeks. Lumine felt the same, and Aether looked at you with a pitiful expression.

❝ Cheer up, Y/n! Were only going to be there for two weeks. If you want, we can always contact them so they can make sure you're in good condition. ❞

Aether said to you as he tried to make you feel better and calm again by saying something sweet and possibly cheerful, smiling as he said it to you.

In response, you didn't smile back. All you did was look at the ground for a slight second, turn to look behind you and took one last glance at Sumeru.