Part 10

The very day, he was moved to cabin three. Silena congratulated him and gave him his bag back. The cabin was nice, he didn't have to share it with anybody. Enough room unlike the Hermes cabin. He got his own dinner table, chose all of his own activities and called a 'lights out' whenever he liked it and best of all, he didn't have to listen to anybody.

Nobody mentioned the hellhound, but he got the feeling they were all talking about it behind his back. The attack had scared everybody. It sent two messages. One, that he was the son of the Sea God, and two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill him.

Percy had ruined the only place that they could call safe.

Campers steered clear of Perseus, Cabin eleven was nervous to have another sword class with him because of his fight with the Ares kids. He just trained with whoever wanted to.

He was glad that Clarisse was getting more fond of him, she was one of the only people that would really spar with him, they butted heads sometimes whenever they argue but most of the time Silena is there to mediate.

Silena was knocking on his door and Percy was confused why. His bed hair must've been extreme and from what she could've seen of his room was that it was messy. The cringe on her face said enough and Percy felt a bit ashamed.

"Does it pour badly here?" He asked and looked at the sky. The sky looked like ink soup coming to a boil. A hazy curtain of rain was coming in their direction.

"It never rains here unless we want it to." Silena answered and followed his line of sight.

Percy pointed at the storm. "What the bloody hell is that, then?"

She glanced at the sky. "It'll pass around us. Bad weather always does." She blinked and got out of her head, "Chiron and Mr. D is asking for you at the big house."

Percy raised his eyebrows, "Do you happen to know why?" He asked.

She shook her head, "I don't." Percy looked around and shrugged, walking out and closing the door behind him. Together they walked to the big farmhouse.

At the volleyball pit, the kids from Apollo's cabin were playing a morning game against the satyrs. Dionysus's twins were walking around in the strawberry fields, making the plants grow. Everybody was going about their normal business, but they looked tense. They kept their eyes on the storm, just waiting for the moment of impact.

The two walked up to the porch. Mr. D sat there in his tiger-striped shirt with the usual diet coke. Chiron sat across in his wheelchair. They were playing against invisible opponents, two sets of cards hovering in the air.

Silena patted his shoulder and quickly turned around.

"Well, well," Mr. D said without looking up. "Our little celebrity." Percy waited. "Come closer," Mr. D said. "And don't expect me to fawn to you, mortal, just because old Barnacle-Beard is your father."

A net of lightning flashed across the clouds. Thunder shook the windows of the house.

"Blah, blah, blah," Dionysus said. Chiron feigned interest in his pinochle cards. "If I had my way," Dionysus said, "I would cause your molecules to erupt in flames. We'd sweep up the ashes and be done with a lot of trouble. But Chiron seems to feel this would be against my mission at this cursed camp, to keep you little brats safe from harm."

"Spontaneous combustion is a form of harm, Mr. D," Chiron put in.

"Nonsense," Dionysus said. "Boy wouldn't feel a thing. Nevertheless, I've agreed to restrain myself. I'm thinking of turning you into a dolphin instead, sending you back to your father."