Part 9

After the final exams, Percy feels like he could breathe again. He immediately loosened his tie and took his glasses off. "Which way are you headed, Percy?"

"Towards Hagrid, I'm going to feed Archie."

"You're going to feed the squid again?" Cedric asked.

Percy nodded, "Wanted to do one last thing before I go back home." He shrugged.

"I liked the exams, they were quite nice." Cedric said as he fell into step with him.

Percy, nodded in agreement. "I'm doing much better at a magical school rather than a muggle one. Although I felt quite stressed."

Cedric looked at him, confused. "You went to a muggle school?" He questioned.

"Mom is a squib, it took my uncle to find out that I was a wizard." He snorted.

"I've always thought you went to a magical school." Cedric admitted. "You really have a weird bond with the squid." He noted.

"I know." Percy grinned.

——

They sat at the dinner table with the Weasley twins and Cedric. He had invited them out for dinner at his house. It was weird seeing them in their everyday clothes rather than their robes.

"So you're going to America?" Fred asked, "Again?" George added.

"For a summer camp." Percy said and smiled, "I'm looking forward to it." He definitely looked forward to fighting with actual people with powers, while centaurs are great, Percy's back is hurting from looking up all the time.

"Bring me a souvenir that doesn't scare me, please." Cedric chuckled as he stuffed his mouth with Sally's cooking.

Sally laughed, "I tried to convince him to get something normal but I suppose that doesn't fit his vocabulary." The three boys laughed as well.

"That's a shame." Fred said, "I wanted to show you the girl by the paper shop." George nodded, "She's a beauty, Percy. Real shame you had to miss it."

Fred turned to Cedric instead, "You want to go instead of Percy?"

Percy snorted and Cedric shrugged, not saying no. "You dogs!" Percy chuckled. Sally quickly excused herself from the table, stating that she was going to go over to Molly. "Who wants to see muggle tapes?" He questioned and they all stood up.

"You've got muggle movies?" George asked, "Do you have Titanic?" Fred continued, "I heard that there was a woman who le-"

Percy shook his head, "I don't have titanic."

— —

Moody felt reluctant about letting Perseus go to his summer camp. "You better not use your wand too much." Moody said as he prepared the fireplace. "My pal in America says that their students have to leave their wands at school. But I'm assuming that it is different for a Brit."

Perseus nodded and held his duffel bag in his hand. Paired with his usual leather shoulder bag. His mom suddenly stood in front of him. "Do you have everything?" She asked. "Your glasses?"

"Yes, but why should I read at camp?" He questioned, ignoring the weight of his new potions book that he put in his bag. Some light reading wouldn't be bad.

"Your wand holster."

Perseus patted it, no way that he was going anywhere without it.

"Remember what not to do?"

"Never fly on a broom."

His mother nodded, proudly.

Perseus turned his head towards his uncle, "Are you sure you're not allowed to put an extension charm on my bag?" He asked, giving him the puppy eyes.