Chapter 7

A Single Rose Routine.

Y/N's POV:

Every day was the same now. You woke up, got ready, made breakfast, dropped off Jack at school, came home after picking up Jack, and made dinner.

There was one single difference, though. When Hotch would come home, he had a single rose in his hand. He would hand it to you and sat down to eat dinner.

You wondered why, but you never asked. You liked it. You felt special having a guy coming in handing you a rose when he came back from work. You felt extra special when he smiled at you as he handed you each rose every night.

☆________________________________☆
Hotch's POV:

Every day Hotch would come in to work and do his thing. He decided that he would work on cases at the office. He would usually check up with Penelope for numerous things.

"Garcia." Hotch said, coming into her office. "Can you check something for me?"

"Yes, sir! Anything!" She said has she spinned back to her computer. "Hit me."

"Can you find out what Y/N likes? Favorite flowers? Chocolate?" He crossed his arms.

Garcia stopped and looked at him with a huge smile on her face. "Is this why you've been more loose nowadays?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh come one, Hotch! You seem more happy and less well..tight?" She looked back to her computer typing away.

Hotch stood there silently and finally came up with an excuse. "Jack wanted her to be his Valentines, and I'm just helping."

"Awww, well, that's sweet!" Garcia held her hand up to her heart. "Oh, okay, so her favorite flowers are Sunflowers and Baby's Breath! Looks like she also loves milkyways and KitKats."

(Obviously, you can change the flowers and chocolate choices if you don't like them.)

"She also loves classic rock! Radiohead, Queen, AC/DC, you name it. Creep was her favorite back in high school, and it looks like it still is."

Hotch's eyes widened a bit, remembering their dance. He didn't know that song was her favorite.

"Oh wow- she can listen to literally anything. She likes country, jazz, swing, pop...damn." Garcia couldn't stop reading all your interests.

As she looked, she told Hotch everything, even your birthday. Hotch thanked her and left. It's been 4 days already. There are just 2 more to go. Hotch decided to buy a rose that had Baby's breath around it after work.

Hotch came home to the smell of steak. "Mmm, smells good in here!" He set his things down and walked over to Y/N, who was cooking.

"We're having steak and green beans!" She smiled. She's adorable when her voice rose out of happiness by her cooking.

Hotch put one hand onto Y/N's lower back, moving it to her side as he leaned in, putting his chin on her shoulder.

Y/N didn't do anything. She kept cooking while her cheeks became pink. Hotch realized that she was playing music and 'Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd started playing.

Y/N settled the steak she was cooking onto a plate that had 2 other cooked steaks on it. She turned off the stove and at that moment Hotch took her hand.

He set down the rose onto the table and twirled Y/N to face him. He started to dance with her. Moving as one around the kitchen.

"How was your day?" He smiled, looking at her in the eyes.