Chapter 5: Icy-Hot Feelings

Everest and Jake were up in the mountains searching for Marshall. Everest was silent the whole time with a scared look on her face. She would just nod to awnser Jake.

Jake: "Anything yet Everest?"

Everest just nodded her head side to side.

Jake: "Comon Everest, talk to me."

Everest: "I-I'm just worried okay."

Jake: "Everyone's worried but this is more than  you just being worried. What's really going on in your mind."

Everest: "I don't want to talk about it."

Jake: "Comon Everest, you know you can tell me absolutely anything and I'd be there for you no matter what."

Everest: *sigh* "I-I like Marshall..."

Jake: "Well everyone likes Marshall Everest."

Everest: "No, I mean I like like him..."

Jake: "Ohhhhh. That's why you look so scarred for him."

Everest: "Yeah. Why did they yell at him and make him run away?"

Jake: "Look, I don't know why they said what they said, but everyone does stupid things like the pups did. No one wants to say horrible things, but we do it anyway because that's just how we are."

Everest: "I guess your right."

Jake pet Everest on her head softly

Jake: "I know your having trouble forgiving them for what they said, but you saw their reaction no?"

Everest had remembered the looks on everyone's face when Dina finished reading the note, especially Chase who was breaking down horribly.

Everest: "Yeah, they were all broken. Just like me."

Jake: "Just like you Everest. They all care about Marshall. They wish they hadn't said what they said, but the damage was done. All they can do is do everything in their power to find Marshall."

Everest: "He really said he loves me... I had a feeling for him since the day I met him, but I never felt the feeling of love towards him until a few months ago."

Jake: "I remember the day they saved us all too well."

Flashback

After Jake and Everest were saved from the ice bridge, Marshall took a few minutes to make sure the two weren't sick or anything.

Marshall: "Okay, say ahhhh."

Everest: "Ahhhhhhhh."

Everest opened her mouth and Marshall put his thermometer under her tounge.

Marshall: "Your doing just fine Everest. How did you go so long on your own?"

Everest: "I had my penguin friends to help."

Marshall: "I'm glad they kept you alive and well."

Everest: "Yeah. Oww!"

Marshall: "What's wrong?"

Everest: "My paw hurts a little."

Marshall: "Let me use my X-Ray and check it out."

Everest: "Um, okay.."

Marshall: "Don't be scared, it's just to see why your Paw hurts."

Everest: "Alright."

Marshall got his X-Ray out and scanned Everest's leg.

Marshall: "It seems you have a sprained paw, let me go get some bandages."

Marshall walked away to go get some badages from his truck but then slipped in some ice and fell.

Everest: "You okay Marshall?!"

Marshall got up without any trouble

Marshall: Yeah, I'm good. Thanks Eve."

Everest's mind: "Hehe, that was kinda funny."

Marshall got the bandages and walked back to Everest and wrapped the bandage around her paw.

Marshall: "Just try not to run around for a couple days and you should be alright."

Everest: "Okay, thanks Marshall."

Marshall: "Your welcome! Now let's check you out Jake."

Everest's mind: "Wow, he a nice pup. He's kind of cute. NO! Snap out of it Everest. You just met him, you couldn't be in love with him. Well I think."

Everest just sat there processing her feelings at the moment.

Everest's mind: "I like Marshall, not as in like like him but as a nice guy. I hope we can be good friends!"

Flashback Ended

Everest: "The day I first saw him, I denied it but I had feeling for him. Feelings of love."

Everest was beginning to tear up a little bit.

Everest: "I love him. If I lose him knowing I didn't get to tell him how I feel then.... I don't know what I'd do. He's so funny and silly and makes everyone happy."

Jake: "I promise Everest, we will find Marshall no matter what."

Everest: "Will he be okay?"

Jake: "Comon Eve, we've seen him fall many times, and every time he does, he gets right back up and laughs it off. I know he's strong and that he'll be okay."

Everest: "Y-yeah. Your right. Thanks Jake. I really needed that."

Jake pet Everest once more

Jake: "We both did, now let's go find your Pup."

Everest: "Yeah!"

Everest and Jake continued their pursuit to find Marshall

Meanwhile

It was now getting late. The sun was setting and it was becoming dark.

Marshall: "Okay, I think I should go and look for food now."

Marshall walked away from his truck and began to search for anything that could be used for food.

Marshall: "Let's see, is there anything around here that I can use?"

"No"

"No"

Bunny hops by

"Definitely no"

"No"

"Aha!"

Marshall spots a bush full of berries

Marshall: "It's not much but it'll certainly help."

Marshall stated to use his paw to take the berries a put them in the bucket he brought.

Marshall: "This is a lot of berries. This should last me till lunch tomorrow and then I can go hunt after that."

Marshall was walking back to his campsite when all of a sudden he heard a noise.

Marshall: "Huh?"

Marshall turned around in all directions trying to pinpoint where it was coming from.

Marshall: "Hello?"

Then Marshall saw a figure in the distance.

Marshall: "Who's there?"

As the figure got closer Marshall was able to make out its shape. Once it got close enough Marshall immediately turned pale and was scarred.

Marshall: "B-b-b-b-"

*growl*

Marshall: "Bear!"

Marshall ran as fast as he could dropping his bucket as the bear chased after him.

Marshall: "This was a terrible idea, I should've never ran away!"

End of Chapter 5