Prologue

You cautiously stepped on the stairs, tip-toeing towards a certain wheat-head who sat a couple of stairs away in the cheering section of the football. The female seemed quite engrossed in the game the teenage guys of your year played. Heck, she was so engrossed she didn't even notice the group of females pulling each other's hairs around the corner of the court. 

Yes! Just the perfect opportunity to fulfill your revenge! 

Giggling to yourself inwardly you slowly paced towards her and on reaching an acceptable distance, you snapped right next to the female's ear and yelled “LOOK OUT! THERE'S THE LIZARD! ”

“AHHHHHHH! ” the female yelped and jostled away from the ground in shock, before tripping and falling right on the grass lining the football ground. 

“Oh my god! ” You laughed like a middle aged guy, cracking like a maniac as your friend begrudgingly pulled herself up after snapping left and right for the supposed lizard. “That was freaking hilarious!

The female grunted and huffed at you, glaring daggers in annoyance realising it was a prank “What the hell Y/N! ” she fumed in rage before dusting the dirt off her skirt and elbows and tucking the light strands of hair behind her flustered ears. “Why the hell did you play this dumb prank you immature squirt! ”

Her overall expression made you crack even more as you wiped the tears crinkling from the corner of your eyes with your index finger “You look so damned comical when you cuss like that” It was truly amazing to view her in such an acrimony.

“Ugh ” the female's grimaces multiplied and she turned on her heels to get away “I've had enough of your menial little tricks! ”

Ohhhh — Wait where do you think you're going! ” you tried to catch her by the elbow. 

“Trying to get away from you dumbass. What else? ” she spat and you were taken aback. One thing you knew about Katana was that she was never as upset with you as she was now because whenever you played such a playful joke on her , she either tickled the shit out of you or chased you around or mumbled something really embarrassing before the crowd. Not trying to run away from you! 

“What's the matter? This isn't like you ” you calmed your bantering demeanor morphing it into concern when you spotted the female supposedly controlling her emotions by contorting her expression and turning around to hide it “Hey, hey! ” you turned her around “Why are you hiding your face from me, huh? Are you upset? Come on! I was only joking and you know it! ” you whined. 

Again you received no reply from the blonde.“I asked you a question, idiot! Since when did you start taking thing seriously-! ”

“That isn't it! ” she yelled in denial before lowering her voice  “I'm not upset about the bantering, I'm upset because you embarrassed me in front of someone you weren't supposed to embarrass” she frowned. 

“Huh ? ” You narrowed your eyes at her eccentric behavior as a shade of pink tinted her features while her eyes nailed the ground. You raised your brows towards the group of guys who occasionally shot you a glance. It seemed it was one of the breaks as they goofed a little and gushed water down the throats like a miserably parched animal. 

Hmm, curious. 

Wait. 

Hold on a second -- DID KATANA HAVE A CRUSH ON SOMEONE IN THE SOCCER CLUB? 

Over the thought, you plotted your eyes as Katana raised her eyes up before immediately turning around and fortunately spotted the guy she had momentarily laid her eyes on.