🫨 Reader having the hiccups 🫨

Idea by: A_WildWillow

Scenario: Just as the title says!

Note: I figured this would fit better with headcanons, since i couldn't think of how a one-shot would play out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️[How it effects you]❤️

🧸 Your hiccups are basically literal toy squeaks.

🧸 When you hiccup, your patterns also flash and inadvertently change colors.

🧸 Sometimes you can't get through a full sentence without at least 2 or 3 hiccups interrupting you. They didn't hurt, but were very annoying for you.

🧸 performing certain tasks and playing certain games are difficult due to the jolts the hiccups cause.

🏘[How the neighbors react]🏠

🎨 Wally + [Home 🏠]:

🍎 was confused as to why you kept "glitching" when you painted and would eventually ask if you were okay. [ 🏡 finds it sort of amusing when you hiccup, and finds Wally's reaction to be even funnier.]

🍎 He was worried these "hiccups" were hurting you, and would try to "hug them out of you" [🏡 He'd find it funny to watch Wally's attempt at helping. [Extra note: after you taught Wally how to return hugs, he's been using them a lot; either as a way to show his friendship or in this case cure ailments]

🍎 He'd try to give you apples, but those didn't work 100% of the time. [🏡 He'd try to make loud noises to scare them out of you, but Wally would scold him.]

🍎 Eventually He'd go to the nearest neighbor for assistance. [🏡 it was home who convinced him to go.]

🤹‍♂️ Barnaby

🐶 He'd try to stifle his giggles at hearing your squeaky hiccups when you try to speak with him.

🐶 He'd go a long time without acknowledging your hiccups before finally saying something.

🐶 He'd use "surprise tactics" like popping up out of hiding places or just yelling "boo" when you least expected it. [It worked for the most part, but he really couldn't do this with Wally, Sally, Julie or Poppy around, since He'd be rebuked by Wally, Sally and/or Julie and scare Poppy.]

🐶 started call you "squeaker" and dubs your hiccups as "having the squeaks"

🪀 Julie

🧩 it'll confuse her at first, when you spontaneously squeak and change color, but admittedly she found it cute.

🧩 She'll still play games with you, aiming to "play the hiccups out" of you.

🧩 will eventually suggest ways to try and stop your hiccups, though she'll put a twist on it. [I.E. holding your breath while standing on your head]

🧩 Frank had to come by before you got yourself hurt.

🪶 Poppy

🍪 she'll flinch upon seeing you suddenly squeak and change color, and will ask you if you're okay.

🍪 she'll get nervous, as she didn't know if this hurt you in anyway.

🍪 she'll find your squeaking cute, but would hope you weren't too uncomfortable with it.

🍪 she'll eventually offer you a glass of milk. [or water if you're lactose intolerant-]

🦋 Frank

📚 It'll take him off guard when you suddenly squeak and change color, but will initially think nothing of it.

📚 after a while of you squeaking, he'll realize that is your way of hiccuping and will ask you if it hurt or not.

📚 he found it interesting that you changed color each hiccup, but would find the squeaking to be somewhat annoying.

📚 he'd offer you water to try and stave off the hiccups.

☀️ Sally

🎭 it'll confuse her at first when you suddenly squeak and change color between your lines and ask you if you were okay.

🎭 upon learning this is how you hiccuped, she couldn't help bit giggle; everything you did was adorable somehow.

🎭 however, she found it kind of messed with your acting skills and you couldn't really help with your sudden jolts.

🎭 She'd go to Frank to ask for ways to stop your hiccuping, but wouldn't approve of anything that involved scaring you.

🐛 Howdy

🛍 he'd flinch at you suddenly changing color, and would ask I'd this was a new form of trick.

🛍 upon learning this was how you hiccup, he'd chuckle, finding it to be cute but would hope it didn't hurt.

🛍 while cleaning his windows, he'd occasionally see you jolt and change color from a far, and he'd have to stifle his giggles.

🛍 he's there to offer water or any other thing to help stave off the hiccuping.

💌 Eddie

📬 he'd be walking by and see you squeak and change color, and he'd stop to do a double take.

📬 he then learns that was how you hiccup, and he'd be relieved it wasn't anything serious, but hoped it didn't hurt you.

📬 he'd find it cute on how you squeaked between sentences, but it he saw how difficult it was for you to make crafts with it.

📬 He'd go around to assist in getting rid of your hiccups, but would hope to avoid Barnaby.