Chapter 38: The Big Party part 1

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH PedroHCD for the amazing fanart! (Y/N) looks so cool and I love the weapon! I also love all the ideas about how you think the story will go. It defiantly provides inspirations!

The day of the celebration arrived and (Y/N) was ridiculously nervous. After all this party was going to be centered around them for everything they had done for the kingdom. While yes, in some way they did deserve a thanks for everything they did, it was still terrifying especially since this party was suddenly brought on. Which (Y/N) was still salty about but there was nothing they could do it about it now.

As they finished putting on the final pieces of their outfit and Tighnari's, who simply got a bandana with a yellow flower on it. A knock rang though the room and out came one of their favorite cookies.

"So are you ready?" Custard Cream lll asked.

(Y/N) smiled and turned, about to answer but stopped when they noticed the get up the young prince wore. "Um... why are you dressed up as Pure Vanilla cookie?" (Y/N) asked, completely ignoring the question the young prince asked.

"Well I am going to rule the Vanilla kingdom one day. So I thought I might as well dress as the former ruler." Custard cream as we're raising his staff that now looked like the other healers flower staff.

(Y/N) cooed at the adorable display, "Well you look adorable prince."

Custard Cream lll smile further grew, "Why thank you loyal subject. Might I add that both you and Sir Tighnari look amazing."

The prince gestures towards (Y/N)'s outfit and Tighnari who was currently trying to scratch it off.

(Y/N) gave the prince a smile but it didn't necessarily reach their eyes, "Thank you."

Custard cream lll, seeing the joyless look in (Y/n)'s eyes, stopped the theatrics, "Hey, are you okay?"

(Y/N), taken a back by the serious question, tried their best to put on a believable smile, "Yes. I am fine. Why do you ask?" 

Custard Cream lll further frowned, "Well, it's just ever since Pure Vanilla cookie, Strawberry and Wizard cookie talked down about Poison Mushroom cookie. You've been looking off."

(Y/N) sighed gently patting the princes head, "Now when does a child make such good observations?"

Custard Cream couldn't help but chuckle, "Well of course. A future king must be observant of everything."

(Y/N) snickered back, "Well you did good. I have been feeling off lately. But it's nothing for you to worry about. I just want to talk with those three."

Custard couldn't hide the disappointed but he didn't want to pry anymore, "Well good luck with that. Now let's go to the party!"

(Y/N) nodded before the prince excitedly grabbed (Y/N) hand. He was about to drag them off but stopped when he winced.

(Y/N) gasped at the prince's sudden look of pain, "Oh my gosh. Are you alright."

Custard cream lll shook his hand but tried to brush it off, "Yeah, I just felt a sharp poke. It just surprised me."

(Y/N) looked down at their hand while Tighnari's ears immediately popped up. Now even they could see what the fox had been noticing for the past couple of days.

(Y/N) squinted to see a small spike spike similar to the ones in their hair slowly break through the surface of their cookie hand. But seeing how these cookies have stubs instead of fingers. They didn't have the ability to use two fingers to pull out the tiny thing. So the only thing (Y/N) could do was frantically rub their hand to try and shave the spike off. But when that didn't work, the next thing they did was just bite their hand in hope of picking it up with their teeth.