Chapter 21: A Companion part 2

A/N: Thanks to everyone who left a comment. The votes are in and the results are to be revealed. Right now!

"I think I'm gonna name him, Tighnari."

Meanwhile in a hidden castle~~~~~~~

"YOU LOST HIM!" Red Velvet cookie shouted to his cake hounds and wolves.

All the dogs whimpered, not used to their owner getting angry with them.

Red Velvet cookie rubbed his eyes, "That fox is one of the most rarest things found in this part of Earthbread. They are usually native to the Golden cheese kingdom. He would have been important asset to the army. ᴮᵘᵗ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᴵ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵖᵉᵗ ᶠᵒˣ." The cookie whispered that last part so none of his soldiers could hear.

One cake hound stepped forward before quietly barking.

Red Velvet cookie's ears perked up, "What did you say?"

The cake hound barked more this time a little louder so the general could hear.

Red Velvet cookie finally began to calm down, "I see so that new cookie has the fox." The canine barked again, its owners eyes widened at what it was saying, "They threatened you all and that's why you all fled?"

All the canines either whimpered or nodded as if confirming what the tiny cake hound was saying.

The general's body soon began to boil once more with anger, "How dare they threaten my soldiers!" Red Velvet cookie picked up his saw like weapon, "They are going to pay for what they have done."

Back in the cookie kingdom~~~~

"Tighnari! What a lovely name for an adorable fox." Pumpkin pie cookie cooed at the small fox, "But I couldn't help but wonder what is a fennec fox?"

"Oh so fennec fox is different than foxes like Kumiho because they mostly live in the desert. You can usually tell it's them by their small body and long ears. So as soon as I saw him, I figured it had to be a fennec fox." (Y/N) pet Tighnari who happily took the affection.

"Plus since I am part cactus and they mostly live in the desert. It makes sense that Tighnari would draw towards me I guess."

Pumpkin pie cookie nodded, "I see. Well Pompon say hi to Tighnari." The Halloween cookie hung her plushie out so now the two small beings were facing each other.

Tighnari looked confused at the sight of the motionless doll. It gently sniffed the plush before playfully attempt to take a bite. Pompon not being happy with this, stared at the fox a low shine appearing out of her remaining eye.

Whatever message that Pompon was trying to give to Tighnari worked. The fox yelped at the sight of the glowing eye. He squirmed out of (Y/N)'s gingerbread hands, climbing up their arm and diving into their hood of their green sweatshirt.

(Y/N) could feel Tighnari shake from inside their hoody. Both cookies laughed at the fox's theatrics.

"Sorry little one, but you really shouldn't upset Pompon." Pumpkin pie cookie cuddled the doll once more, who was still glaring at the fox in the hoodie, "But now that you have your companion, (Y/N). It's time for you to train him."

(Y/N) wiggled their arms around to grab Tighnari out of their hoodie, "Train him?"

"Indeed. Along with their owners, each companion a cookie gets has their own abilities that they share to help fight enemies. Just like how Pompon becomes super big and attacks enemies. Or how Black Raisin cookie has her ravens to help attack enemies. Or even when Cotton cookie summons her sheep to not only attack but also heal cookies in battle."