Chapter 30: A plan

All the dark cookies turned at the sound of the hidden palace doors opening. At the entrance stood Pomegranate cookie and the new member of the team.

Dark Enchantress cookies eyes widened, "Pomegranate cookie who is this?"

"My master, this is the mage who helped us during our attack in the Dark Cacao kingdom."

Affogato cookie bowed, "Your evilness. When Pomegranate cookie told me everything I knew I could use my resources to help you. You see, I have also been taken advantage of and defeated by Dark Cacao Cookie and his traitorous son."

The evil cookie's ears perked at the mention of two of her worst enemies. The male mage saw this and smiled, Affogato was good at convincing anyone to do anything. He had that natural ability to pull anyone in and he knew it.

Dark enchantress cookie sighed, "Yes, I have been wronged too many times by those two. Especially with Dark Choco cookies consistently standing in the way of capturing (Y/N)."

"I understand, so allow me to bring them back. I bet I could make them come willingly."

Dark Enchantress cookie let out a small smile, much to her right hand women's dismay. The master only ever gave Pomegranate cookie those looks, so why is she doing it with this sudden cookie she just met.

"Good. I trust you will not fail me." Dark Enchantress cookie said. Affogato cookie smiled once more before taking his leave. But not before smirking at the red fruited mage.

Back in the cookie kingdom~~~~~~

(Y/N) yawned as they slowly began to wake up. I'm their arms held their pet fox who was cuddled against them.

(Y/N) gently pet the sleeping fox, "You did good Tighnari." But now because it was just them two alone. The cookie was able to actually have some time to spend in their thoughts. The past few days were terrifying, even though they were in a child friendly cookie game. (Y/N)'s life had been at risk more times than they could count. They actually learn how to fight and use magic. And what if they did die, is there a way to "respawn." Also now that the book has been found it would only be a matter of time before (Y/N) was able to go back home, which means back to normal life and they couldn't bring Tighnari with them.

(Y/N)'s eyes began to build with tears until finally one fell and landed on the sleeping fox. This woke Tighnari up who immediately looked up at his owner with concern. The fox jumped up before whimpering and licking the tears coming down his owners face.

(Y/N) chuckled, "Thanks Tighnari... I was just worried about everything that may happen in the future."

Tighnari nuzzled his face against his owners head, he let out a small yelp but what he actually was saying was "I'll always be with you, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) rubbed the remaining tears out of their eyes before stretching, "Yeah, let's not worry about that now. Come on, let's go for a walk together."

(Y/N) and their companion both jumped off the bed before making their way outside where they were met by a familiar prince.

"Oh.... Hey Custard Cream lll."

The small prince blushed seemingly embarrassed that he was there in the first place.

"H-Hi (Y/N)!" He stuttered making (Y/N) grow confused.

"Is something wrong?" (Y/N) asked which made the small prince grow further red.

Custard cream lll rubbed his arm before sighing, "Can I hang out with you?"

"Huh?"

"It's just... with everything that happened and the possibility you may be going home I want to spend as much time as you can, you know."