Lay off, Mate

"SAY MY FORMAL NAME AT LEAST! UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND!"

"Hmmm, oh my! What a long and strong-sounding name! how splendid!" Francis spoke in a flirtatious voice, making me feel hot. I had only done this because my people wanted it! I was going through with what my country wanted...

And a little of what I wanted...

That way, I won't have to hear him teasing me every day...like now!

"Don't respond in such a creepy way!"

"That's humour from not being desperate at all! Unlike someone! You do like humour, right Germany?" Francis winked at him, making me angry. He knew how to hit my buttons the wrong way. It was bad enough that he was trying to convince my brothers to stay, so I would stay.

"Don't be that way! I am asking you not to divide my house as you like! There is a reason we are the United Kingdom! Therefore there is no other choice but to maintain the status quo!"

He began twirling around me, playing with my hair, and pulling at my uniform. This was supposed to be a private meeting at first, but he showed up to intervene.

"I will give you credit for coming up with the clever idea of not setting up tariffs between Northern Ireland and Ireland, but too bad it is me you're up against; sorry to spoil your plans, but I will not make this easier for you!" He spoke in an evil tone. I understood why he was upset, especially after everything we had discussed, but he needed to realise that there were things I could not control! And he was pissing me off!

"I'VE BEEN YOUR RIVAL SINCE FOREVER, SO IN OTHER WORDS, I'M A PRO AT COUNTERING YOU, ENGLAND!! I SPECIALIZED IN FIGHTING YOU! I'M SORRY, BUT I KNOW EVERY TRICK UP YOUR SLEEVE, AND THIS IS BARELY EVEN A WARM UP!" he laughed maniacally. It made me step back seeing how serious he was. He was losing his mind and would make sure I wasn't leaving without a fight. It did not help that what he said was true...he knew me too well...

Francis was nearly jumping around like a toddler as he continued to lose his mind. Other nations were starting to watch, horrified. "Oh? Are you at your wit's end? I still have so many more cards to play!" he laughed. He was only being emotional right now!

I thought he would try and understand at least. It was not like I would disappear forever! For Heaven's sake, I own property at his place! He was acting as if I were going out for milk and never coming back! He was probably only upset that he would not be able to see me in a professional setting for a while.

He kept smiling at me as if fantasising about my downfall, and it was starting to freak me out.

"Wow, if this is what it means to leave the EU, I would never do it."

"My wallet and mental state would not be able to handle that..."

"This is crazy..."

And so the people began to talk, but that didn't stop Francis from having a mental breakdown in front of everyone. He was already striking me down quickly. It was a bit scary how fast he was moving, but when he was motivated, he could get what he wanted done. In this case, I was the motivation...strike one...strike two, I pissed him off...strike three...I am not giving up without a fight...so he was losing his mind.

"OOH! THIS CALLS FOR A TOAST! Everyone! Let's celebrate together! Even England-...oh? How inconsiderate of me..You can't celebrate, can you? After my tariffs you...." He began laughing at me, and I felt my face turning red again. "YOU CAN'T! BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE CHAMPAGNE ANYMORE!" he laughed. Everyone looked done with him as he continued to tease me. Francis had held onto my shoulder, laughing, shaking me around.

"France...that's enough..." Germany spoke, finally stepping in. "Okay..." Francis spoke. Germany had rested his hand on his shoulder gently, making him stop. However, I felt a mixture of annoyance, rage, and overwhelming amounts of jealousy. It only made me roll my eyes as I watched them.

"Let's call it a day for now. If anything happens, please handle it on a case-to-case basis..." Germany spoke. My face still felt hot as I watched Francis smirk at me. "I will be fine...I will leave the rest to you..." I spoke. He nodded at me, agreeing, but I started to feel nervous.

NO! I can't be nervous. I was going to show Francis that I would be more than fine! I have always gotten over situations like these! I will do my best and continue everything I have been doing.

However...

As time began to pass...I really saw how Francis would not back down. He somehow managed to negotiate with other nations to alienate me. It was starting to get on my nerves. For someone who constantly told me he loved me, I didn't respect this. It was a nuisance. And for what? Because he did not want me to leave? How much more childish could he have gotten? It wasn't affecting me too much right now, but eventually, it would begin to catch up with me.

It had started with sausage...

I have so many goods now, and no one to buy them anymore. The only thing I could think to do was look for people outside of Europe...

WAIT!

THAT IS IT!

I do not need people in Europe! I could...go to other places! ASIA! THE AMERICAS! AFRICA! I could sell to other places! I felt myself grinning at the realization. Francis would eat his words, and I was excited to feed them. Even if this was a nuisance on my end...this was a little fun. I was going to get back at him, like old times. Then, he will be the one clinging to me for forgiveness and confessing his feelings to me again! It was perfect! I could not wait to see the look on his face when I figured out the logistics.