15. Reassurance

remember to vote over to your left :) thank you for reading if you are!

*** 

That night I sat on my couch sad, just waiting for anything good to happen.I missed James really badly. This was a time when I needed him.I took my shower, serenading melancholy songs to my showerhead.

When I entered my room, I was surprised to see James on my bed again.I was wearing pajamas consisting of navy blue booty shorts and a loose fitting pink t-shirt.

“Hey,” he greeted, “You look stunning, as always,”I tried smiling.“What’s wrong?” he asked concerned. I climbed onto the bed, resting my wet hair against his chest,“So what happened?”

I sniffed and started telling him what went down, “You know Tyler—the guy I was dating before you?” he nodded with a twinge of hatred for the boy, “Well we were pretty serious and we only broke up a few days ago, and now he is dating someone new!” I fell apart while saying it out loud, “Remember me also telling you how a friend had told me to break up with him? Well that is the person he is now in relationship with,” I got more emotional with every sentence. Tears were running down my face. I hated letting him see me weak and broken, but I could not help it.

James held me close to him and played with my hair,“It’s okay,” he said, “The guy sounds like a real douche-bag. Plus, you've moved on too, you're with me now," he said leaning down to press his lips to mine. I tried pulling away, not wanting him to feel my wet cheeks. “I love you,” he said looking past my sad eyes.

“I love you too," I whispered back.

We spent the night together. Just talking and kissing, this time.  He made me feel a lot better after today.  I loved the way James was my best friend and partner and how romantic he was.  We made the perfect couple.