0.7

ARIA

As I finish curling my hair, I start to get nervous. Archer asked me out on a date yesterday before he left the house, and it was really making me anxious. He said to dress casual so I knew he wasn't taking me anywhere too fancy, which I was extremely grateful for. I head over to my closet to pick out an outfit. I grab my favorite high waisted skinny jeans and a black crop top. I then pull on my black converse and grab my beanie and adjust it on my head. I take a look into the mirror and I grin. For once, I actually look good. That never happens. Ever.

I hear a knock on the door and my mom yells up the stairs to me, "I'll get it!" I grab my bag and head downstairs where they're waiting. My mom is talking to Archer and he blushes at her words. He looks up and sees me standing there and a grin lights up his face. I return the smile and walk over to them. He instantly takes my hand and leads me to the door. My mom calls back to us, "Have fun! Don't stay out too late!"

When we reach his car, he opens the door for me. I smile at him in silent thanks. He then gets in his own side and starts the car. On the way there, he lets me have control of the music. He's the perfect guy for me, I have no idea how I didn't see it before. He's polite, he's honest, and he knows I like my music. Archer suddenly reaches over and turns the music down and clears his throat to speak.

"Sorry to interrupt your jam session, but we have arrived." He jokes with a grin on his face. I nod and then look up to figure out where we are. When I see the mismatched neon sign that's half burned out, I instantly know we're at Makray's. It's the strangest name I've ever heard, but at least it's unique. It's a regular diner but with its own unique twist. As entertainment, they bring out random board or card games to each table. I haven't been to Makray's since the accident and I just hope it won't affect anything.

"Hey, are you alright? Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have brought you here, it brings back memories doesn't it? God, I'm so stupid. Aria, I'm sor-" Archer suddenly speaks, but I cut him off.

"Archer, shut up. I'm fine, I promise. I'm actually really glad you brought me here, maybe it will help me move on a little." I say. But he has no idea how much I'm freaking out on the inside, I want this date to be perfect so I don't mention it.

We're seated within a few minutes, and the waitress heads off to grab a game. When she comes back, she has Uno. I grin goofily and jokingly rub my hands together and give Archer an evil look. He raises an eyebrow in false alarm, but his face crumples into laughter when I do the same. Once he recovers, he grabs the stack of cards and deals out the correct number of cards. That's when the real fun begins.

Four games of Uno and 20 plus four cards later, our food finally arrives. We didn't order anything too extravagant, so it didn't take too long. At least not long when you're at Makray's, because time flies when you're making your date angry by beating him at Uno multiple times. He gives me a fake scowl and doesn't speak to me until he's finished with his burger, which isn't long. He watches me finish mine, almost like he's studying me. But to be honest, he's probably extremely nervous about bringing me here. The last time I was here, it didn't go too well. He begins to speak when he notices me blankly staring at the floor trying to hold back the tears threatening to spill over.

"Okay, I think we've had enough fun. Let's go." He speaks and gets up from the booth to pay. I know he's going to pay for the both of us, which bothers me. I hate it when other people pay for me, it makes me feel small and greedy. But I won't be one of those girls who refuses for the guy to pay and call it "sexist" or whatever. No way, I'm nothing like that. I take one last sip of my soda before I get up from the table. When I head over to the door, Archer rushes past me to hold the door for me. I shoot him a small smile and he grins right back at me. I guess you could say we communicate in facial expressions. I guess we're weird like that. He helps me into the car before whispering in my ear.