Chapter 5

Miles POV

Peter was furious. I was shocked, a bit mad, but shocked with how much MJ has changed.

It wasn't right to act as if Peter was no more than a friend. And for John to say something about snatching MJ, gave me a weird vibe. A weird.... sense.

I perched myself on a ledge of a building, Peter was off doing whatever he felt like he needed to do. I hope he was safe. He may be stronger and faster than me, but we're both not invincible. We can get hurt, we can bleed, and we can die. A sacrifice us Spider-Men share when we had become Spider-Man.

"Yes mother, I'm on my way home. How was dad's first day back?"

My direction was forced down as a girl in a dark coat walked to the side alley that I was directly above. She was on the phone, and whoever she was talking to, it definitely was not private.

"Oh you know, good, until he was called back for a hostage situation."

"So he's not home?"

"No, honey, I'm afraid not."

"Did he mention anything about Spider-Man?"

I leaned forward even more. "Why is she asking about that?" I whispered.

"No. He did not. He seemed very rushed when he left. When will you get home?"

"In a few minutes, I promise."

"Okay honey, I love you, stay safe!"

"Love you too mom."

The girl got off the phone and started to pace the entrance of the alley. She was mumbling something under her breath. I took a picture of the girl and sent it to MJ through my Spidey watch.

I then crawled down the side of the building. The woman seemed stressed, worried, or anxious. She was definitely waiting for something. I crawled into the shadows that the building had cast.

I didn't want to move. I made plenty of mistakes while Pete was training me a few weeks back, and I didn't want to leave this girl alone. For any reason.

The next few minutes felt like hours until a group of men across the street noticed the pacing girl. They mentioned each other as they walked up to the girl.

Surprisingly, the girl barely backed up, holding her phone in the air. "Better watch you step, I have a direct line to Spider-Man." She warned.

I almost laughed.

"Yeah right young lady. You got a death wish?" One man had said while the other circled her.

She shook her head confidently. "You have no idea what you're in for."

She stopped backing up and folded her arms across her chest as if a 'told you so' position.  The man laughed at her and the one continued to walk around her. I was about to make my move until the girl whipped her phone around called someone. Although the number didn't answer. I couldn't tell who she called, or why they called, but I decided to not take chances on someone mugging an innocent girl.

I released my grip on the wall and fell down silently behind her. I stood slowly, cocking my head to the side. The men noticed me and laughed. "That's not the real Spider-Man lady."

The girl turned around, then I realized she was a bit older than me. She gave me a confused look. I nodded my head to the side, she nodded and stepped aside. I instantly webbed up the men behind her, giving them a little spark of electricity to take them out.

"Whoa," the woman gasped and backed up into the wall. "Who are you?"

Instantly, I backed up, shaking my head. "I'm Spider-Man, ma'am."

She laughed, snorting just a slight bit. "No, you're not Pet-"

"Peter Parker?" I asked.

"Oh shit." She gasped and turned and started running. I chased after her, jumped into the air and started swinging. As I went down, I scooped her up. "Let me go!"

"No!" I replied.

"Why do you have me?" She asked again.

"Because you know stuff!" I responded.

She was thrashing around until I reached MJ and Peter's apartment. I landed on the roof next to it. There was no fire escape, or door leading down to the floors beneath. Just small vents and an edge leading to a far fall for an escape.

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked through a deep breath.

"Because, you said I'm not Peter Parker. You asked who I was when the city knows that I am Spider-Man." I gestured towards my suit.

"Spider-Man doesn't have Electro's powers." The woman fded her her arms and started pacing. "And your not Peter Parker, so who are you?"

"Why do you think you have the right to know my identity?" I asked.

"Because I know Peter Parker is theee Spider-Man. Sorry kid." She smirked.

I shook my head and walked towards her. "Well, sorry lady, but if you haven't noticed, there's two Spider-Men now and your looking at one of them."

She shrugged. "But you're not my Spider-Man. My Spider-Man is Peter Parker."

I was getting so frustrated because she obviously knew who Peter was and Peter never mentioned that some girl knew his identity. "Okay, stop, please. How do you know that Peter is Spider-Man? Are you stalking him? Trying to kill him? Because if you are, you won't even get near him lady. So answer the question."

She didn't even flinch when I became inches away from her. She just continued smirking and kept her arms folded. It had to be past midnight now, and I wonder if her mother had the police looking for her by now.

"My name is Gwen, Gwen Stacy. I am Peter's ex-girlfriend."