Chapter 15 - Have You Ever Been Loved?

Nesta rose up out of the happy child pose on her yoga mat, checking her smartwatch.

No texts yet.

"Feyre get away from the window!" She chided her little sister as she folded up her mat and walked to the kitchen, pulling her arms above her head to stretch as she shook her head incredulously. "Leave them be."

Feyre sighed into her floral teacup, leaning back against the white linen curtains. "I just think they're so adorable." She smiled back at Nesta, heeding her sister's warning and leaving the window, and joining her in the kitchen, leaning across the opening to the kitchen with her sharp elbows on the quartz countertop.

"Honestly, I don't think you'll find two more beautiful people who have worse communication skills in this whole damn city." Nesta rolled her eyes as she opened the Smeg fridge, reaching to the back for her chilled water bottle.

"Well, it looks like they're communicating now." Feyre winked, wiggling her brows as Nesta chuckled. "First performance tonight right?"

"Mhm." Nesta hummed her reply, grabbing an orange off the counter and retreating back into her bedroom just as her watch beeped.

Glancing down at the glass face, she read the text as a jolt of adrenaline surged through her chest.

It was Eris Vanserra.

'Lunch at Amarantha wth intl' associates?'

He'd said something in passing at the last rehearsal about introducing her to his father's connections before the performance to help her chances, but she didn't think it was actually going to happen.

Her stomach did a flip as a second text popped up on her watch.

'They'd like an introduction to my future pas-de-deux partner'

She felt her breath evaporate.

Pas-de-deux partners with the legendary Eris Vanserra... damn. He was really pulling out all the cards.

She texted back a thumbs up and released her caught breath, as an intrusive vision clouded her mind.

The winter air chilling her face the evening before as Nesta wound her long fingers into Cassian's wavy hair, his pine and cedar scent dousing her as she all but climbed him like a tree on the damn sidewalk kissing and groaning against his lips until he dragged her into the back of a taxi.

Cassian had mumbled to the driver to head East before pulling up the privacy screen between the front and back seat.

Tasting him... inhaling him with her entire body as she pressed into his face, unable to restrain herself any longer, feverishly kissing as the cruised under the street lights of Velaris... it was indescribable.

Absolutely unlike anything she had ever experienced before... the stuff of feminine legends and myths... like kissing Zeus or Hercules... her mouth dragging her down to the depths of desire and hunger, his the only lips able to satiate her frenzy.

They had tumbled out of the taxi and into the stairwell of her apartment, Nesta pinned up against the wall again, just as she had been in that bar all those weeks ago. Her leg lifted and wrapped around Cassian, her lips at his neck as she felt her body lose control.

And it had only ended when he had held her face in his enormous callused hands, practically forcing distance between them, his warm brown eyes sparking and watering as he scanned hers, shifting back and forth as he memorized her features, his mouth forming a question that struck right through her soul.

"Have you ever been loved Nesta?"

She felt her breath catch, biting her lip as a tear involuntarily traveled down her cheek, hot and sallow on her cheek, her heart beating out of her throat as she felt the honesty dissolve from her lips.