xiv.

FOURTEEN, "UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN"

"i miss you, i miss you, i miss you more

"i miss you, i miss you, i miss you more..."
—GOOD GRIEF, bastille

    HOURS HAD PASSED SINCE THE DREADED CONVERSATION shared between lucia pedri and rosaline. and seen as though training didn't start till the next day, and with lucia going home and pedri going out somewhere — the somewhere being an interrogation of pablo gavi — rosie decided to fill the day with some long overdue family time.

sure, it had only been a few days since she had last been at her home. but being the age of seventeen, she was still a minor, a minor who most definitely loved the new changes in her life, but dearly missed her old life.

her blonde hair had been slicked back into a bun, the humidity having not been complying with her hair previously when she had left it trailing down her back. the faint bags under her eyes did help much with her goal to have a presentable approach to the day.

rosaline made her way down the stairs, a football perched upon the table in one of pedris many countless football stands. a small piece of paper stuck onto the rubber reading:

"remember to give this to ronan from me — p x
      ↳p.s, tell him that me,
you and him will play fifa tonight :)"

rosie adored the bond that pedri and ronan shared. he was the elder brother the neither of them had. and as much as she was grateful that her brother looked up to herself, she loved the fact he shared admiration for pedri, knowing young roman rómeros was soon to strive the way pedri had.

   in a poor attempt, she tucked the ball underneath her arms, as she struggled to hook the keys for the door into her fingers, before picking up her phone, scrolling through her contacts and clicking on her mother, bringing it up to her ear as she rested it between her shoulder and head awkwardly, trying to multitask as she locked the door.

"mama?" rosie questioned, unsure if her mother was on the other side of the line as the ringing stopped. "you there?"

    in simple terms, mariana rómeros was not well trained with technology, no matter how many times rosaline and pedri had sat her down and attempted to teach her on how to use her mobile, they would fail — and in the majority of cases, make her knowledge of the device even worse.

    "hola? — mama?" she repeated, dropping the keys into her pocket, and grabbing the phone from i between her shoulder and ear, and now securing it safely into her palms, as she walked down the driveway of the home, and out onto the street.