x.

TEN

"oh my world shakes with these words you say"—BLEEDING OUT, chance peña

—BLEEDING OUT, chance peña

    THE TERM, "SLEEP ON IT" USUSALLY REFERS TO DECISION MAKING, AND the process of thinking of a final conclusion to the choice overnight. but in rosie's case, sleep on it meant 'sleep on the words of pablo gavi, and try to decide if his words were used to inflict pain or were the actual truth.'

    to be truthfully honest, she couldn't necessarily use the phrase 'sleep on it' for one reason, and one reason only: the blonde had infant, not gained any slumber over the several hours of the night, and instead, stared at the curtains to her left, watching the sun slowly rise as the time drew into the early hours of the day.

    the soft snores of lucia sánchez, who was peacefully sleeping to the right of rosie, were surprisingly, the only source of reality the girl had, and kept her sane from the thoughts controlling her mind. thoughts that she definitely did not want to find herself trapped in.

last night, to put it short, had been a whirlwind of events, each somehow revolving around the young gavira boy. it wasn't that rosie had expected for the event to be some sort of 'happy family reunion' — quite the opposite actually, but she certainly did not anticipate those mentally scarring words to come out of his mouth.

rosie rubbed her eyes, shuffling under the covers that had been thrown over herself and the sanchez girl to her side. she lightly lifted the duvet, wincing every time she made a noise, not wanting to awake her friend. she threw her legs over the bed, and pulled herself up, walking upon her tip-toes, limiting as much noise as possible.

     the wind gently blew the curtains from the open window of rosalines bedroom, the golden sunlight reflecting from the white walls of her bedroom, welcoming the morning into the space.

    rosie slowly began to open her door, slightly turning her wrist with the door handle, and making her way out of the room, shutting it carefully behind her — lucia was not a deep sleeper. any slight noise would awake the girl in a matter of seconds, and when lucia sánchez is in a bad mood, everyone will be.

    the house of the gonzalez and rómeros two was in pure silence, the only audio was the creaks and the heavy breaths of rosie, as she lightly walked through the hallway, her slippers pushing down onto the frosty wooden floor beneath her.

the kitchen too was submerged in silence, not even the television from the living room just opposite was turned on. not even the ticking of the clock, which was positioned above the sink, could be heard. on many occasions, rosaline enjoyed the silence during the morning, it allowed her to gradually ease into the day ahead. but under these circumstances, it was intact, the last thing she wanted.