v.

FIVE

 "do you feel ashamed when you hear my name?"—SCOTT STREET, phoebe bridgers

SCOTT STREET, phoebe bridgers

!MENTIONS OF BEING SICK!

THE HEAT, IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS IN WHICH YOU CAN SHARE a love-hate relationship with. for rosie however, she loathed it. in rosies words "the sun and i, aren't on good terms." however, she'd be lying if the main reason to why she despised such a large part within everyone's life, wasn't to do with her pale skin.

     surely by now, after seventeen years of living under a specific climate, you would assume that you've somewhat adapted to it. but unfortunately, rosie had done quite the opposite. the girl, despite the constant concerned looks from members of her family, would apparently, throw a complete tantrum if she would have to part with her handy factor thirty suncream — rosaline was positive that these tantrums she apparently would throw, were no such thing.

despite inheriting the majority of her mother's appearance, the few inherited genes from her father, included the inability to tan. in other words, be a perfect target for the suns rays to burn into, leaving parts of her body a crisp shade of crimson.

and unluckily for the girl, that exact thing was currently occurring.

"¡dios mío!" rosaline whined, rubbing her now tinted cheeks with her hands, as she passed the ball back and forth alongside her team member, salma.

    "i'll never understand how you manage to play ro, the only thing i hear from you when we're outside is something bad about the sol!" salma joked, the pair chuckling as they continued their simple game of passing back-and-forth.

"pedri always complains when i talk about the sun, apparently i'm-" she paused, raising her hands in the air to form quotation marks. "sucking out all the fun of the sun."

salma laughed, looking down towards the ball which now came in contact with her feet. "who knew the pedri gonzález was a poet, didn't think rhyming was his thing!"

rosie shook her head, laughing under her breath at all the memories in which pedri had came up with some sort of witty comment which somehow, would always include rhyme.

"trust me, that boy would become shakespear if someone handed him a pen and paper."

rosaline always enjoyed her conversations with salma. the two shared one of the closest bonds within the female team of barcelona — they both found an instant connection after salma joined the team, they shared a sisterly bond, salma always looked out for the younger, despite her only being a new member of barcelona.