CHAPTER 10: Too Deep Too Leave

Previous Chapter:

Guards began appearing from all sides as the goddess pulled out her bow and fired at them while running. The son of Poseidon attacked his enemies mercilessly as countless guards went crashing into walls. At the end of the corridor they were running through, appeared a man in pitch black armor, a trident held in his right hand and a helmet covering his head, horns protruding from the top.

"You are surrounded, boy. There is nowhere to run, so lay down your weapons and your life will be spared." The man said, his voice deep. Artemis scowled and grabbed the son of Poseidon, before leaping into the nearest window, the glass shattered as they collided into it, before they fall down into the city. 

PART 1: The City Of Gold

CHAPTER 10: Too Deep Too Leave

Percy crashed into a rose bush, thorns grating his armor. The goddess of the hunt fell to the ground beside him. They both quickly got to their feet and sprinted away from the window. The man armored man climbed out, and followed them, his trident glistening in the sun.

"Stop running boy, let me take you to Erebus." He said, lifting his hand to his helmet. He paused for a moment before removing it, revealing the face of a man slightly older than Percy. He had pitch-black hair and glowing red eyes.

Percy stopped for a moment "Who are you? Whose your godly parent?" he asked.

"My name is Melchon, and my father is Tartarus." the man revealed. 

Percy gulped and turned to Artemis who nodded slightly "My apologies, the guard who I cut down, as well as the werewolf antagonized me, in fact, that guard had attacked me first. I naturally assumed my only option was to run because I was worried I would be killed."

The man stared at him skeptically, before nodding "What is your name? And who is your godly parent."

Percy glanced at Artemis who made slight waves in the air with her hands. "My name is Luke, and I am a son of Poseidon."

Melchon nodded and then looked at Artemis "And you fair lady?"

Artemis replied slowly "Zoe, daughter of Apollo."

Melchon glanced at her bow before nodding "Very well, I will take you to Erebus, he will decide what to do with you."

The son of Tartarus led them toward the nearest entrance to the castle and took them to the throne room. Percy looked around in awe, while Olympus was nicer, the room they were in was cool in a dark way. Weapons lined the walls, and tapestries depicted various exploits of the Protogenoi. 

There was at the back of the room, a dark-haired man sat on it, beside it there was a chair where an elderly man with white hair was seated. 

The aura radiating from the dark-haired man was powerful and Percy knelt before the throne, Artemis quickly followed suit. Melchon bowed his head down before speaking "These are two new recruits, they also killed two guards as well as a werewolf. A son of Poseidon and a daughter of Apollo."

A savage smirk spread across Erebus's face, as he rose from his throne. He walked towards the two kneeling immortals, stopping directly in front of them. "You seek to join my forces?"

Percy spared a glance up at the primordial deity, "Y-yes."

"What value do you provide to me?" Erebus asked, circling the two immortals.

Artemis looked at Erebus, "We are both powerful demigods, the gods punished us for actions that we took, and we come here seeking revenge."

Erebus smiled "That's lovely, but that is not what I asked, I said what value do you provide me with, that I will allow you to join my army, instead of finding other demigods."