CHAPTER 3: In The Throne Room

Previous Chapter:

 The man smiled " I know I am going to die, just know that very soon your time too will come."

Percy nodded "You aren't the first to have said that and certainly won't be the last. Who is your master?"

The man shook his head and closed his eyes, his breathing stopped and his head rolled over to the side.

Percy turned his head away from the dead man and looked at Chiron and Annabeth " I am going to Olympus, I need to have a word with the gods."

PART 1: The City Of Gold

CHAPTER 3: In The Throne Room

   Olympus lay silent when Percy Jackson entered it, none of the usual crowds were on the streets. Where there were usually satyrs and nymphs visible, there was no one. The only sign of occupation he saw was a lit-up entrance to the Throne Room. Shadows crept out of the door, showing signs that there were gods in their 12 ft form, in the room. Percy hurried through the empty streets, not letting his gaze linger on the many beautiful gardens and temples along his way. Annabeth was certainly doing an amazing job as Olympus's architect.

   As he approached the throne room, arguments were easily heard, it seemed that they had already gained news about the attack on the camp. Percy entered without moving the slanted door and walked to the center of the room. Upon seeing him the gods stopped talking and took their seats. 

   Percy looked directly at Zeus before speaking "Lord Zeus, as you probably know, Camp Half-Blood was just attacked by an army of monsters and men. They gave us no hints as to who they served, yet all men but one were able to escape by use of the shadows. One of them confessed to being a child of a Primordial god. I would like to request that you send a group to find the enemy, infiltrate their ranks and destroy them from the inside. It would avoid going to war again, this would be the third in just as many years, we are all still recovering from Gaia and the giants, so this would be the best course of action."

   Athena began speaking as soon as he had stopped "Who exactly would you send, our options are either people who are incompetent or people are skilled fighters but don't exactly have experience beings spies."

   "With all due respect, it doesn't matter if they have experience being spies, they just need to show eagerness to the enemy, convincing them that they want to be a part of their army." Percy countered, before turning his attention to Zeus. 

   "Perhaps a God or Goddess accompanying them would be useful, as it would also ensure that they did not defect to the enemy's side." Percy advised.

   Zeus stared at him thoughtfully, "You bring up valid points, I will think about who we shall send."

Percy nodded "Thank you Uncle, now if I may be excused, I have to return to camp."

Zeus nodded and the son of Poseidon bowed one more time before exiting the throne room. 

* * * * * FRAGMENTS - PART ONE * * * * *

   Acrisias collapsed to the ground the moment he exited the shadows. His fight against the son of Poseidon had taken a toll, while he was used to much longer fights, the saviour of Olympus was strong and Acrisias had already shadow travelled across half the country prior to the attack. He lifted himself from the grass and staggered towards a tree, leaning against it. He could see the river nearby, and just beyond that a large open plain, the city was shrouded by mist, hidden from the eyes of mortals. 

   His master would be incredibly unhappy to hear that the attack had failed, he wasn't even sure if he should tell him what had happened. 

   Acrisias made his way to the invisible shield and made contact with it, the air shimmered green for a moment before giving him access to the city. He stumbled his way through the city, normally he would take his time and interact with soldiers, merchants and other people but this time he didn't have the energy. 

   It took much longer than usual to reach the gates, but once he was there, a quick glance at his pendant was all that was required for the guards to let him through. Acrisias staggered towards the throne room before finally collapsing on the ground, directly in front of his master. 

   Erebus glanced at  his servant "Rise Acrisias, what tidings do you bring? Is the greek camp destroyed?" the tone in his voice incredibly displeased

   Acrisias shuddered, the last person who had failed Erebus had found themselves chained the palace walls, hung 50 metres from the ground. "We caught them by surprise but they had some warriors who were quite strong. More specifically they had a wide ranges of powers. I fought a son of Poseidon, the one who the titans down in Tartarus had mentioned."

   Erebus scowled "So you are telling me that not only did you fail to destroy the camp, but a lowly demigod was able to best you in battle? My patience is waning, there are more than enough people who could take your place."

   Acrisias stared at the ground "With your permission Lord, may I request more aid from some of the other Primordial deities?"

   Erebus snarled in distaste "You think any of them would be willing to help us after the stunt that Gaia pulled? Especially since Tartarus aided her and they still failed in their attempt to topple Olympus. We are fortunate that Nyx is supplying armies through Tartarus, in fact it wouldn't be surprising if the likes of Hemera, Aether and Eros sided with the Olympians should a full scale war break out."

   Acrisias took a step backwards "Maybe we could ask Pontus? At least to deal with any Poseidon's spawn. He ventured through Tartarus and defeated Kronos, surely we should be cautious and carefully plan how to remove him from the picture."

   "Is that not what you just attempted to do?" Erebus asked with contempt. "You are lucky that you are my son, otherwise you would have long since been killed. You are dismissed, I will contact you when I need something done, until then do not attempt anything rash."

Acrisias nodded and then scurried out of the room, it would be better to avoid Erebus in the coming days, until he had a plan on how to rectify the situation. Perhaps talking to Pontus would help him gain an insight on how to kill the son of Poseidon.