• Chapter Thirteen •

Kara sat in the locker room in complete silence, her hazel gaze void of emotion as she blankly stared ahead of her at nothing in particular.

"NICK!" Kara's blood-curdling scream pierced over the radio as tears began to flood her vision.

"Ghost, we gotta land. Search and Rescue are already on their way for Mav and Goose.." Terence called out, trying to keep level-headed for his friend and pilot despite his worry.

But the female pilot had completely shut the world out. She had just lost her big brother, someone who she had looked up to and loved so dearly, right in front of her eyes.

"Ghost.." The RIO called to her. "Ghost!"

A broken sob escaped from the blonde as she tried to calm herself down in order to land both her and her RIO safely on the ground, but what she had witnessed kept haunting her, replaying itself over and over again.

Her body was numb and she was emotionally drained.

There were moments, since the accident, that she had forgotten how to breathe - which would often catch her completely off guard, the feeling that had felt so suffocating.

She shifted her gaze to the floor as she heard the door to the locker room open, and footsteps slowly approached her.

"Lieutenant Bradshaw.." The voice of her Commander filled her ears, as fresh tears flooded her eyes.

"He's dead.." Kara stated softly, her voice cracking with emotion.

Viper stared at the younger Bradshaw sibling with sympathy. "I'm sorry.." He said. "You can take some time off from flying to--"

"No." She shook her head lightly, cutting the Commander off in mid-sentence as she lifted her gaze and wiped her sore eyes. "No. Thank you, sir, but.. Nick wouldn't want me to be like this. He'd want me to continue doing what I love."

Viper nodded his head slowly as a small, sad smile came to his face. "I've always liked your spirit, Lieutenant." He said, eliciting a small smile from the blonde.