• Chapter Five •

"Lady and gentlemen, this is your first hop." Jester's voice sounded over the radio. "The jets you are flying against are smaller, faster and more maneuverable, just like the enemy MiGs. The clock is ticking and as of now, we are keeping score."

"Talk to me, Neo." Kara called out, her hazel gaze darting around to help search. "Where's Jester?"

"I'm lookin', I'm lookin'." Terence responded, twisting his body around in his seat to catch sight of their 'bogey' but it wasn't long until his blue eyes caught a glimpse of the of the A-4 Skyhawk. "I got him! He's comin' around, he's on our tail."

With that information, Kara had begun steering her jet from side to side, to avoid missile-lock.

"Come on, Ghost, he's closin' in." Terence stated as he glanced behind them. "Do some of that pilot shit."

"Relax before you give yourself a stroke." The pilot teased her RIO. "You're starting to sound like Goose."

With that, the blonde steered heavily towards the right which caused the aircraft to become vertical.

"Holy shit, you're gonna kill me, woman!" Terence exclaimed, his eyes widened slightly at the sudden and new maneuver that she pulled.

A light giggle escaped the youngest Bradshaw sibling. "Just enjoy the ride." She responded and pulled the jet towards the right, narrowly escaping Jester's missile-lock.

She pulled the plane, flying in a sharp bow which led her right behind the instructor.

"Let's turn and burn." Terence stated from the back as he peered over the seat for a better look.

"Come on.. Come on.." Kara mumbled to herself as the familiar beeping echoed in the cockpit as she tried to get a lock on Jester, but soon enough, a long continuous ringing filled their ears and a smirk graced the blonde's features.

"That's a kill, sir." She said as Terence had begun cheering behind her in their success of beating their instructor.

"Nice flying, Lieutenant." Jester praised over the radio. "Return to base."

"Copy that, returning to base." The pilot acknowledged and turned the aircraft around, flying back to base.

"That's my girl!" Terence exclaimed with a victorious grin .

Kara laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. "You dork." She teased. "You were panicking about how I was 'gonna kill you' not even five minutes ago."

"It was the heat of the moment." The RIO brushed it off with a wave of his hand, eliciting another laugh from his pilot as she shook her head fondly.

Arriving back at base, Kara and Terence were immediately congratulated by Nick and Pete - with Nick picking his little sister up in a hug and spun her around, stating how proud he was of her