• Chapter Nine •

"So, how'd your date with Iceman go?" Terence questioned with a grin as he walked alongside Kara on the tarmac.

"It was amazing." Kara responded with a smile. "He had this romantic picnic set up on the beach as we watched the sunset, we sat and got to know each other a little more, and then.."

"No!" The RIO exclaimed with widened eyes, his grin growing larger by the second. "You two kissed?!"

Kara slammed her hand over his mouth, quickly glancing around her before she she settled her gaze back onto her friend. "Wanna make that announcement louder to the entire world?" She teased and removed her hand.

"My bad." Terence said and placed a hand over his chest before he wiped a fake tear. "My little girl is all grown up."

The pilot rolled her eyes with a fond smile at her RIO's antics. "You are so dramatic." She said, arriving at the jet and began to do the required inspection.

"Better believe it!" Terence replied with a grin. "Hey, I call dibs on being Maid of Honour at your wedding. Though maybe we should change it to Man of Honour. I mean, I'm down to wear a dress and everything but I'd hate to take the attention away from you on your big day."

"Woah, woah, woah." Kara laughed at the thought of Terence in a dress. "Why don't we wait until Ice and I are engaged before any wedding planning commences. Besides, we're not official yet, so who knows?"

"Kara, that man is head over heels for you." The RIO stated with a pointed look. "Even a blind person could see that."

With a smile and another roll of her eyes, the pilot shook her head slightly. "Alright. Let's do this hop, Neo." She said as she climbed up the ladder and situated herself in the seat of her jet.

Staring into the mirror of her opened locker in the locker room, Kara had pulled her hair into a neat, military style bun before she felt strong arms wrap themselves around her waist

"Hey." The smooth voice of Tom Kazansky whispered into her ear before she felt him kiss the side of her neck, eliciting a giggle from her.

There were the butterflies, fluttering about in her stomach at the touch of his lips on her skin all while a delightful shudder made its way down her spine.

"Still with me, sweetheart?" Tom quizzed with a cocky grin.

"Mmhmm." Kara hummed in response and closed her locker before she twisted herself around in his arms.

"Good." He chuckled, his smirk not once faltering. "I just wanted to see if you wanted to have dinner tonight and make it a second date?"

The female pilot hummed, trailing her fingers along his flight suit. "What makes you so sure that I'd say 'yes'?" She asked teasingly.

"Well, judging by your reaction mere seconds ago, I'd say it's pretty good odds." He responded, his smirk broadening slightly.

With a playful roll of her eyes, Kara wrapped her arms around his neck. "Such a smartass." She teased with a smile and gently pecked his lips. "A second date sounds perfect. Pick me up at seven?"