Chapter 3: The Mistress

WOW, HEY EVERYONE. I JUST ATE A FANTASTIC BAGEL. LIKE, IT WAS LEGENDARY. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT. OK, BYE. xx

Don't forget to vote, leave feedback, and share this story if you love it! (And me!)

P.S- Play music during dance scene hehe. HeEeHeHe.

* * *

And so I sat, in the darkness, drowning in my own thoughts, until my stomach let out a mighty roar and my pixie hair was completely soaked with sweat.

            Click. I jerked into awareness. Eeeeer.

            "Timeout's over," a stranger announced, and flicked on the lights. I winced. How long had I been in there? The stranger had a voice that matched his massive, terrifying body. Somehow, even with his bulging muscles, the giant man—I'm sorry, King Kong and Hulk himself— managed to down and undo my restraints. "Boss wants me to bring you to your bedroom to shower. Then you'll eat and meet him in his office."

            I opened my mouth to say something snarky to Mr. Hulk, when I realized how dry my mouth was. And when I stood up, my legs were weak.

            "Name's Hulk," he said, handing me a water bottle. "I know your name already. Drink slow."  I stared up at him in both awe and fear as I drank. The Empire State Building had some competition, compared to this dude.

            "How long was I...in here?" I asked, still trying to fix my dry mouth issue.

            "Maybe an hour," Hulk shrugged.

            I frowned. "That's it?"  I capped the water. Damn, I had to stop being a baby before I got too Damsel in Distress-y and couldn't fend for myself.

            "Nah, just a joke," Hulk said and began to guide me out of the room. "You were in here for ten hours."

            "What a dîck!"

            Hulk pivoted around before we left the room. "Do yourself a favor, sweetheart, and don't talk about the Boss like that around here. He's saved most of our lives, now we owe him ours. Nobody owes any loyalty to you." The monstrously sized man loomed over me. "And by the way, if you make a break for it under my watch, I will squish you."

            I actually gulped. "Message received."

            Hulk lead me up a large flight of stairs. There were guards everywhere, standing at shift. I had been locked in a room in the basement and was now embraced by a warm glow of yellow light. I turned back, over my shoulder, and wondered who else was locked in that basement. Or maybe a part of me knew that I was no longer truly safe from harm, as I was safe in that dark room.

            As we passed a bunch of expensive paintings and men in suits, I started to feel subconscious of myself, and believe me, that didn't happen very often. I was pretty confident in myself. At least, I thought I was. Now, I wasn't so sure.