Movie Night

About a week later, Me and Jonah decided to hang out again. After a week of texting and calling, we wanted to see each other in person. One of the last standing drive in theaters was showing old Disney movies the whole week, and we decided to go to the screening of The Lion King. It was a movie we both loved as kids, I discovered, so I decided it was the best movie to go see. I had gotten really close with Jonah over the course of the week, so a movie seemed really fun. We were supposed to meet at 5:30 at the drive-in. I got there with a few minutes to spare and parked my car in a designated spot. I waited in my car for a couple minutes and then my phone buzzed. 

jonah

hey, I just pulled into a spot, are you here?

if not take your time.

y/n

dw, im here. where are you? can 

you get out of your car so I can see you?

jonah

of course. keep watch.

I glanced up from my phone and decided to get out of my car as well. I slammed the car door and looked around. I caught sight of Jonah, a few rows of cars in between us. We made eye contact and he flashed a smile. I began to walk over to him as he gestured to me. After what felt like forever I finally approached him. 

"hi!" I smiled. He eyed me with a smile. 

"Hi! It's so good to see you!" He gave a little half-laugh and pulled me in for what felt like a 'half-hug' I was surprised, but not mad. 

"It's so good to see you too. How have you been?" 

"I've been really good, what about you?"

"I have been fine, but better now." I chuckled. 

"Oh! That's good. Well, I seem to have reserved quite a better spot for the movie, so do you want to bring your stuff up here and we can get situated?" He asked. It suddenly hit me that we were going to be watching this movie in the same car.  I froze for a second at the thought, but luckily snapped back before things got awkward. 

"Yes sure, I just brought a blanket and a portable charger for my phone. Is that ok?" 

"Of course, I brought a few things as well so we should be good." I smiled and walked away to go get my things. I hoped this would be fun. I opened the car door and grabbed my soft, pink blanket and my charger and walked back to Jonah. He had set up the trunk with a few blankets and pillows. I had always loved drive in theaters. You get to stay in your car and watch a movie on the big silver screen all while being comfortable with your friends, family, etc. So I was really excited for tonight. 

"You're back! Just in time. You can get comfortable and I am going to go get us some food. What are your favorites?" I settled into the back of the car with my blanket. 

"My favorites are those little Buncha Crunch Bites, Nerds Gummy Clusters, and Red Vines. But you really don't have to get my anything." I said. 

"Please, I insist. I'll get those for you and do you like popcorn?" He asked.

"What type of question is that?" I said, smugly. 

"I'll take that as a yes!" He laughed. I saw him disappear around the car and I took a breath. There was something about the gentleman that he was and everything he did for me. He seemed to be the opposite of Tom and everything Tom stood for. He was humble while Tom was very full of himself. He was kind while Tom was very controlling and more.