16

I immediately went inside my next class after that. Our professor messaged us that the class would be quick, since he's quite busy today. Wala pa naman sana akong balak na magmadali pero, may ilan akong mga blockmates na nakitang nagmamadali. I don't know if it's important or what. Ang alam ko na lang ay nakaupo na ako sa pwesto ko habang pinagmamasdan ang professor naming na nakaupo sa harap.

"Is everyone now in here?" our professor asked. "I want this meeting to be very quick. Keep your reactions to yourself." I just bored my eyes in front as he talked. Hindi ko alam pero, iba ang pakiramdam ko sa araw na 'to. Something not good.

With that note, he opened his presentation in front of the class. Mixed reactions were made by the entire class since the thing stated on his presentation was a group output. Sabi ko na nga ba at hindi maganda ang pakiramdam ko sa araw na 'to.

Without any ado, he started his talk. "Since you are all journalism students, I want you to create an article about a child. May it be an orphan or a child of someone you know. The rubrics and other instructions were indicated on the file I sent on your accounts."

Everyone suddenly became silent after that. By the looks of our professor, he is serious about this project. Failure to do so means a bad credential for him, after all. Mamamatay ako kapag nagkaroon ako ng dos

"This is a duo project, simply means that you do have a partner for this one." Our professor brought up a small box with strips of papers on it. "I want you to bring your things and line up. Before you exit this classroom, take a piece of paper with a number on it. The one with the same number would be your partner for this one."

Everyone lined up while talking about their expectations. Some of them doesn't want to be grouped with a burden. I decided to stay silent since whatever happens, it always comes down to me doing the project all alone.

"Thirteen." I showed the number to my professor, and to my surprise, he made an unusual face.

"Good luck," he said. I thought he was just saying that to all of his students but, I realized that it was specifically for me, and my partner. Pinaglalaruan siguro ako ng langit ngayon. Sa lahat ba naman ng tao na makakasama ko.

"So, you're also number 13?" Jacob asked. His voice was kind of intimidating but, it's normal for the two of us to have this kind of conversation.

"I am," I answered, hands on my pocket. "Let's not start today, if it is okay for you."

"Sure, I still have something to do," he said before he walked out. That guy really don't know how to communicate properly.

Knowing that Jacob's my partner for the said activity made my head ache. I tried to shrug those thoughts away after that. Baka masira lang ang gabi ko kapag inisip ko pa rin ang mangyayari sa aming dalawa.

Hours passed by and it's already night-time. Aris texted me awhile ago that he would fetch me at home. Mas mabuti na rin 'yon para siguradong hindi ako mag-isa na naman mamaya sa perya.

"Akala namin nadaganan na kayo ng traffic," Blake joked as we reached the place. Kanina pa pala sila naghihintay ni Clarisse sa tapat. They want the four of us to enter at the same time.

"Tara na?" Clarisse asked before walking towards the entrance of the place. The same colorful lights and loud crowd welcomed us yet, someone caught my attention. The familiar feature was now standing beside the entrance gate, which caused him to gather some attention.

"I thought you won't come back," Irvin said before giving me a high-five.

"I thought you won't come back."

A smile was immediately formed in my lips after I heard those words from Irvin. It has been a week since I saw him yet, it felt like yesterday. He still radiated that bad-boy vibes because of his messy hair. His outfit also add some appeal to him. That black bomber jacket and ripped jeans really stated that you shouldn't mess with him. Kapag siguro may nakakita sa kanya ay matatakot na itong lumapit sa kanya.

He walked towards my direction and gave me a high-five. The aura surrounding him softened as his smile surfaced. Mas nagmukha siyang mabait dahil sa ngiti niya. Iba pala talaga ang epekto ng ngiti sa awra ng tao.

"That was just your silly thought," I said. A smile was still present on my lips. Parang kanina lang ay iniisip ko pa kung makikita ko siya. I guess the heavens really want the two of us to meet again. Malay ko ba na dahil sa baril ay makikilala ko ang lalaking 'to.

"Hello, nandito pa po kami." Aris jokingly waved his hand to get our attention. Nawala sa isip ko na ipakilala ang mga kaibigan ko kay Irvin. Masyado yata akong nadala sa pangyayari.

I shyly scratched my nape because of what I did. Nakakahiya. "Uhm," I cleared my throat. "Guys, this is Irvin, a friend I met here," I said, pointing to him. My friends studied him with their eyes. Alam ko kung ano ang tumatakbo sa isip ng mga 'to. Sigurado ako na hindi maganda ang nasa isip nilang tatlo. Typical trio. "Irvin, they are my friends. Aris, Clarisse, and Blake."

The four of them exchanged shake hands and high-fives. I don't know if they'll get along. Bahala na. Knowing my friends, they won't act rude if they knew that a person doesn't have a bad attitude. Alam naman nila kung paano makibagay.

"It is nice to meet you." Irvin plastered a small smile on his lips. His attitude was really different from the vibes he was radiating. Ibang iba sa dating niya.