15

I was about to comment on his words but, someone caught my eye. Ravin was standing behind Aris and Blake yet, he stood out. Maybe it was his fair complexion, I guess.

"May gusto nga palang kumausap sa'yo," Clarisse said before pointing Ravin.

My heartbeat raced as Ravin walked towards my direction. I don't know where the nervousness did came from but, it enveloped my whole body. I felt my hands shaking. It wasn't good.

"You forgot this inside the library," he reached for something inside his pocket. A small necklace with a dragon pendant shone brightly with the afternoon ray. It gleamed, causing everyone's attention to focus on it.

Flashes of memory entered my mind after realizing what it was. Years ago, when Vin, my pen pal, sent me one of his letters, the necklace was attached to it. It was made out of silver and partnered with a dragon pendant. The pendant was embodied with a stone that looks like ruby. I don't know if it was a true ruby or not but, what matters the most was Vin sent it.

"Thank you," I said as he handed me the necklace. I mentally slapped myself after realizing my mistake. Sa lahat ng bagay na maiiwan ko, yung necklace pa. It was like my good luck charm.

I thought everything was now settled but, something snatched my attention. It was something hanging on Ravin's neck. The pendant on his necklace made my jaw dropped.

It was identical to the pendant he handed me.

It has been a week after the club recruitment day yet, it felt like yesterday. The same thing still hunted me as the day passed by. It was just unusual for me to see the same, identical rather, kind of pendant.

I looked at the pendant on my palm. Ilang araw ko na ring iniisip ang bagay na 'yon. Too many coincidences when it comes to Ravin. The surname Zhang, the nickname Vin, the pendant. Imposible naman na wala lang ang bagay na 'yon. Everything connects with him. I thought it was just a simple coincidence but, it wasn't. It was too odd. It was too impossible.

"Khaydel, what's yours?"

My thoughts were interrupted as soon as I heard Blake's question. I slowly massaged my forehead after realizing that I spaced out. Thinking about that thing really made my mind floating. Nawala sa isip ko na magkakasama na nga pala ulit kaming magkakaibigan. Napapadalas na ang paglipad ng isip ko.

"Same as yours," I said. Blake slightly nodded before he went towards the counter. Halos marami na rin kasi ang tao sa canteen kaya isa na lang ang pumila para sa aming apat. Well, Blake volunteered for that.

"Khay, parang wala ka na naman sa sarili," Clarisse commented. "You sure you're not overworking yourself again?"

Worry was now visible on her face. I couldn't blame her, since the last time I overworked myself, I was confined for days inside the hospital. Siguradong mag-aalala sila ng sobra kapag naulit na naman ang nangyari dati.

"Don't worry, I'm not overworking myself this time." I smiled. Clarisse looked at me with worry still visble on her face but, she was now at ease than before.

"Free ba kayo mamaya?" Aris suddenly interjected, which caused me to turn around. He was still busy scrolling on his phone yet, his voice says that he's not focused on it. "Perya tayo?"

I bored my eyes on him. The last time we planned for this, I was left all alone. Good thing that Irvin was there to accompany me. Baka hinimatay na ako sa stage kapag wala akong kasama.

Speaking of Irvin, I haven't seen him since then. After asking him to be my friend, we haven't seen nor talked to each other. Hindi pa rin kasi ako nakakabalik sa perya. Knowing that man, he was always near the shooting range. Hindi naman daw siya umaalis sa lugar na 'yon.

"Are you sure that you're free tonight?" I asked. "Baka magkaroon kayo ng groupwork mamaya."

"I'm free tonight. No appointments for me." Aris raised his hands as if he was being arrested. Sigurado ako na guilty pa rin 'to sa nangyari last time. Sa tagal ba naman naming magkasama, sigurado akong ganoon pa rin ang nasa isip niya. "Ituloy na natin yung plano."

"Sigurado na ba 'yan? Ghoster pa naman kayo minsan," I jokingly said. Natawa na lang rin sila sa sinabi ko, Totoo naman na may lahi silang mga ghoster.

"Anong plano?" Blake asked as he returned to our table, causing us to turn. He placed our food in front of us before he sat down beside Aris. Himala at mabilis siyang nakabalik kahit na maraming tao. Iba talaga ang galawan nito. "So, ano nga?"

"Perya raw tayo tonight," Clarisse answered her before taking a sip of her juice. Tinignan lang niya kaming tatlo habang hinihintay ang magiging sagot ni Blake. Mas maganda na rin kasi na kumpleto kami kung aalis man kami. The bond won't be complete without one.

"Wala naman akong gagawin mamaya," Blake answered. "Ituloy na natin 'to. Bawi man lang sa pang-iiwan natin kay Khaydel mag-isa noong nakaraan." I chuckled because of what he said. They really thought that I became angry because of that. "Mga ghoster kasi kayo," he added.

"Iwan ba naman natin mag-isa para kumanta," Clarisse commented. Napapailing pa siya habang nagsasalita. "In fairness, sikat na ang Khaydel natin. Hindi na ako magugulat kung may fandom na 'yan bukas."

I shyly scratched my nape after hearing her comment. Hindi pa rin pala ako titigilan ng bagay na 'yon. After our encounter with one of the seniors last week, we found out that someone posted a video of me singing. Almost everyone on our batch knew the said video, making me quite embarrassed. Hindi ko naman inakala na may magkakalat pala n'on. Mali pala ang iniisip ko.

"Hindi yan galit, may ka-date yan noon," Aris commented, making Clarisse and Blake to look at me. I noted myself to kill Aris later because of his unfiltered mouth. The other two would literally fry me with question because of what he said.

"Anong date 'yan, Zon Khaydel?" Clarisse asked. She raised her eyebrows, waiting for an answer. "Bakit hindi ko yan alam?"

Natawa na lang ako nang mapansing parang nagulat si Clarisse. Hindi ba kapani-paniwala na may kasama ako? Well, they know that I don't like to socialize with others.

"That was nothing. I'm just with a friend."

Blake and Clarisse eyed for quite some second before returning to their seats. "Friend, ikaw bahala," Blake said before he took a sip on his water bottle. Hindi pa rin nawawala ang tingin niya sa akin kaya medyo naiilang ako.

Thewhole lunch passed by with the four of us talking about our plans for later.They tried to insert that I really do have someone special that night. Little did they know that it was just Irvin by my side.

Well, after that night, he is quite special to me now.