Prologue

Seeing my life flash by in one blink of an eye wasn't how I expected it. I thought before I died I would see all the perfect, fun moments I had with my friends and family, but I was wrong. So terribly wrong.

When I was lying on the cold, wet pavement, unable to move my body, I saw all the chances I didn't take in my life flash in front of my eyes. Every word that I should've said but didn't. I have to tell you, it's a really weird feeling and at that point you might as well be going mad.

I was expecting death to come blissfully fast. With no pain. But it didn't quite meet my expectations. It hurt like hell. Fighting to move my arms and legs, my lungs not work the way they should have. They were trying like crazy to keep me alive and breathing. But all I wanted was for my body to stop fighting. I wanted to die. I wanted to be free of the pain.

The emotional pain was even worse - though. My body may have been broken, but everytime I closed my eyes, I saw everything I'd done wrong and I couldn't do anything to fix it... Even if I was okay, I still couldn't. Because he was dead.

I was staring right in his eyes and I can feel a tear trembling down my cheek. The last thing I saw were his perfect, sparkling, blue eyes. They always contained so much joy, but right now they were empty. Dead. I wanted to turn away, but my body wouldn't listen. I couldn't live with the guilt and regret. I was the one who killed him. It was all my fault.

My eyes finally shut. The end was close, I could feel it. Before I completely slipped into sleep, I heard sirens blaring loudly in the distance. A familiar voice calling my name, telling me to stay awake.

"Please, stay awake! The ambulance will be here any second, honey. Don't you dare die on me!" The voice sounded so broken, filled with so much regret. I felt someone grab my hand.

"You can't do this baby! Jenn, please..." The voice was silent for a while and I heard sobs next to me. "There is so much that I have to tell you... I love you, I love you so much. You will be okay, you will survive." She was stroking my hair, mumbling words and crying. These were her last words to me. I felt so bad about leaving her, but if she knew what I felt she would probably let me sleep.

She will understand. She needs to understand. She has to. At that moment, I knew I wouldn't wake up, would never see her beautiful face again. I wanted to tell her that I was sorry, that I loved her, but no words came from my mouth. I'm so sorry, I am so sorry were my last thought.

Finally, my body stopped fighting. I fell asleep. Drifted away. And for a moment it was dark, where I could only hear my own heartbeat. Then it stopped and my mind went blank.

Finally, I was free from the pain...

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊  

I hope you liked the prologue! For some of you who may be confused and don't see how this is going together with the summary - The prologue is set 3 months back so everything from this point on is what happened before the accident. So no worry, you will get what you wanted. There will be adventures and boy drama. Hope you will read on! And check out the trailer. 

I am always open to suggestions so feel free to comment down there. Tell me your thoughts about the cover. Do you like it or not?

If you enjoyed prologue, vote for it!

Love you all! :)