Princess with a Vision

Reinette's POV

The rain poured lightly outside as we all waited in silence for a chance of good news. We were lucky enough for our blood types to match because I remember Henry saying that if they didn't, Rowan was capable of exploiting humans again for their blood to save Kahina's life. Whether or not he knew it would hurt her when she woke up but apparently he goes through great lengths for people he loves. Even if he stays away from them because he does not want to see them suffer.

I don't blame him though, It broke my heart seeing my sister in those tubes and machines all around her. Last time I checked she is no longer a human, apart from the fact that we have never actually been human before, she was turned to something else that we aren't sure of. Meaning that she should be healing fast, but she wasn't. She was healing as fast as a normal human, whatever they gave her is strong.

Even though I wanted to focus on her well being first, I can't shake the fact that she also lost a baby. I lost a baby niece or nephew, they hadn't even been discovered yet but they existed. Why is all of this happening?

"Hey hey what's wrong?" I didn't realize I had let my feelings get the better of me again until I felt hands engulfing me in a tight comforting hug. By the smell I knew who that was, I didn't need any enhanced senses to know the smell of him.

"I'm just.. I'm so sorry." I cleared my throat as I wipe the tears off my face. I don't want to be the weeper, from what I've read in books, there's always that one character that exists to be the weak weeper. Always crying over the smallest of things.

"No, it's okay. If you need to cry baby you should." He says brushing my hair and kissing my temple.

"I know. But I don't want to you know? I know it's stupid but, I hate that I have been babied so much by her and our papa I just-" I paused as I tried breathing to collect myself and my tears so I am audible. "I just can't get what she said to Rowan out of my mind. That she always lived for me and she had to protect me, where was I? When this.. man showed up? Here, doing nothing, as usual."

"Reinette? No. Don't do this, don't turn this into a blaming game, don't make this into.. a thing. None of this was anyone's fault, Kahina needs space when she's in her thoughts, she distanced herself from Rowan. NONE of this was your fault." He explains. He always tries push the blame to Rowan whenever I explain to him that I in a way feel responsible for my sister's dealings.

"Why are you trying so hard to not let me worry about my own sister?"

"Because you can't handle that?! Okay? I don't want you to worry, we don't know what your visions entail and you can't just put everything on yourself when her mate is not you!" It is safe to say it's the first time Henry has ever raised his voice at me. It's the first time I've ever heard him raise his voice. I always thought he was just someone who didn't do it because he just can't but now I see why.

"I- I can't 'handle' it? What do you mean I can't handle it? I am a full grown adult and you're talking to me as if I'm a three year old. I'm allowed to express my feelings and I will not keep a neutral and emotionless face like the rest of you people! You should be supporting me instead of trying to control me feelings!" Maybe it was the climax of feelings or keeping in my fear of being seen as weak by my own mate or maybe I needed to get my anger out.

"I didn't mean it like that. I jus-" I raised my hand to stop him from talking, he is the one person I was hoping didn't think that about me.

"Please, leave. I need to be alone." This time I took a page from my sister's book and try keeping my anger down until I'm ready to talk.

"I'll be in the entertainment room." At least he didn't argue with me about it and actually listened to me.

As he left, I released a sigh I didn't even know I was holding in. I took a seat on the bed as I let myself relax, the comfort instantly calming my mind.

I felt like I was floating but somehow I was no longer on the bed, I was in the forest. That's when I saw it, or I saw him. His alluring emerald eyes and his hair as white as snow, skin as pale as his hair but it was surrounded by freckles. He was running towards me and I was completely still until I heard his deep, gruff voice. "Your death keeps her away..." and with that, he turned into Henry.

I inhaled a sharp breath as I snapped my eyes open, only to be back in our bed, my clothes hugged my body from the sweat. It wasn't a dream because I was not asleep, it was another vision. Or was it a vision? The person who poisoned my sister looked like Henry then that means... oh my God.

My phone startled me when it started ringing, taking me out of worry. When I picked it up to check, it was an unknown number. I wasn't sure whether I should pickup or not but nonetheless I did.

"Reinette? She's awake. Come to the hospital quick!" The voice sounded like Alexei, I have a phone but not a lot of people contact me because I'm always with Henry.

I know this is not about me at the moment but I feel like he really does not let me be my own person. Events of today just proved it and all I wanted was someone I love to love me back not another Kahina or another guardian to treat me like a child.

Speaking of children, I need to go see my sister. It had been three days she's been at that hospital and I'm here being selfish and making everything about me and not her.

.................................................................................

Hope you like the chapter love bugs! Ciao!