14| Confessions part 2

Ren made a call to Okuda, although he didn't know what to say to her yet. So Okuda Manami, sweet slightly anxious Okuda Manami was the source of this fiasco? The one who drugged Karma and Gakushū? He's unsure what to feel for this.

Perhaps there is a deeper reasoning? Maybe she made a mistake and the drug was meant for someone else(although even if it was meant for someone else it doesn't make it morally okay)

The call just kept ringing for seconds. No one picked the phone

Ren sighed and ran his fingers through his mess of hair

He might as well call Karma and Gakushū and tell them what he discovered. Just as he was about to do so, he saw the time. 4:45am

He rubbed his eyes and released a small yawn, all of the adrenaline that's been running through his veins while he was running the high of figuring out who the culprit behind the drugs were(from the way he voiced that he felt like a badass detective) was fading out

He felt tired now, and was still in disbelief of Okuda being the culprit.

"This proves no one really is who they seem, a long time best friend can still stab you in the back for their own selfish reasons" he tiredly thinks(not that he thinks Gakushū will ever stab him in the back mind you)

He got ready for bed

__________________________

Karma rolled around in bed, with Gakushū sleeping soundly beside him. Karma couldn't fall asleep, he was too happy and exhilarated. Gakushū loves him, has always loved him, and always will. He couldn't wipe the smile from his face as he recounts their admittance of a long time unrequited love for each other

It was hilarious to Karma. As who would have thought that all those teasing, all those pranks, all those flirting was thoroughly and secretly enjoyed, appreciated, and requited by his love, Gakushū.

They really should have communicated better, because if they did then it wouldn't have taken an accidental marriage to get an admittance of their true feelings out of them. But what's done is done....and in all honestly? Karma wouldn't have it any other way

"Hmm.." Gakushū stirred in his sleep beside him, Karma smiled and snuggled even more against Gakushū. "I love you" he whispered

___________________________

Two days later

Ren paced back and forth as he waited for the woman to pick up her cellphone. And then finally finally his call was answered. "Ren! Good morning" she pleasantly greeted him, but Ren wasn't in the mood for pleasantries.

"It was hard to reach you" he dropped. "Has work been keeping you from answering my calls for the past two days?"

"Um, yes" she replied. "So what do you need?"

"Answers" he said seriously. "I want answers from you Manami, meet me at Joe's Coffee shop at 9 today, if you're not there by then I'm telling everyone what you did" he threatened her.

He heard her sputtering from the other line "W-what I did? W-what did I do to you Ren? If I did anything wrong please tell me so I can fix-"

"Not to me, to them " he cuts her. "Them? Them who?"

He hung up and sighed heavily. Okuda Manami sounded confused for a moment before her voice raised to anxiety, she probably picked up on what he was referring to, she isn't after all dense.

He had already sent the picture to Gakushū and Karma two days ago but they have yet to either seen it or reply to him.

"Those ingrates are off having the time of their lives together in their honeymoon while I'm busting my ass off over here" he thought with annoyance. "Gakushū owes me a paid vacation to the Bahamas! Or maybe Venice, I hear it's nice in this time of year"

His fingers twitched, itching to reach for his cigarettes hidden in the cupboard. Instead he called Gakushū

Riiiing riiiing....click

"Hey" Gakushū answered. Ren could hear the roaring waves in the background as well as Karm's laughter. "Have you seen what I sent you yet?" He asked going straight to the point

"No, what did you send me?"

"THE PICTURE GAKUSHŪ!" He shouted over the phone. "The picture of Okuda! Okuda Manami, Karma's old classmate who used to have a crush on him, she's the one who drugged your drinks"

"Okuda Manami? Are you serious?" Gakushū sounded like he didn't believe him. Ren sighed "see for yourself"

"I-- Karma come over here!-- Ren why do you think she'd do this? I don't understand her motive-- you know her more than I do though so can you please explain?"

"I could try, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this too, I mean she doesn't look like a person capable of doing this"

He looked at his watch. 8:13am

"I'll leave you to your thoughts, talk to Karma about this too. Call me back yeah?" And he hung up

____________________________

"I will" Gakushū promised before Ren hung up. "Hey" his husband jogged towards him and stood in front of him, looking concerned. "What's wrong?"

"Okuda did it"

"Did what?" Karma frowned. "She was the one in the video" Gakushū said slowly. "She's the one who drugged us"

"I-- no, you're joking" Karma denied shaking his head. "You can't be serious"

"I'm not joking Karma look" he went to his messages where Ren sent him the link to the cleared picture and lo and behold there really was Okuda in the background discreetly pouring powder in the unattended glasses of alcohol Karma and Gakushū left behind

"I-- no why would she even do this? The Okuda I know would never even have the guts to do something like this. How did she even know those were ours? If she didn't then she would have been risking the possibility of drugging a random person! This-" Karma snatched the phone from Gakushū's hand and glared at the image "this doesn't make any sense...why would she do this?!"

"I don't know" Gakushū sighed

"But I want to know" Karma thrusted the phone against Gakushū's chest and stormed back to the hotel, Gakushū hot on his heels "Karma what are you doing to do?"

"Flying home" Karma snapped storming inside their room and throwing his items in his luggage "I want her to tell me to my face, why she did what she did!"

Gakushū stood aside just watching Karma pack, he knew how angry and betrayed Karma must be feeling. Then he decided to join Karma and started packing his things as well