Prologue and Vision I: Death / A World with ''Balance''

Important message: This story is a sequel to the original novel, Angelic Bond. Therefore, you have to read that novel first before this one. Also, you may want to read at least the first 3 parts of Angelic Bond: Linked Memories before you pick up this book. It may enhance your experience.

Now that that's outta the way, please enjoy!                                                                                             

                                                                                        -The Author.

——————————————————————

Eons past, I spoke your name with glimmering eyes and affection.

But then, your lies shattered me to pieces and I could only feel depression.

In our times together, you offered me love and care. This much happiness, I couldn't bear.

And now, you gravely sinned and betrayed us all. These feelings... No longer can I hold...

                                                                                                      Lingering Regrets,
                                                                                           By Ramael, the Unholy.

——————————————————————

Prologue

Since the very beginning, the World has been tainted by a concept known as Death. Regardless of time, place and race, everyone without exception has or will experience this fundamental concept. Therefore, you would expect that death applies to all beings equally. That death is universally equal. But this World has never been equal. And as a result, neither has been Death...

Other races have achieved immortality in a few different ways. Other races have been blessed with powers to counter death. Other races have been granted with energies of life. Every other race has had many beautiful deaths. Satisfying deaths. Joyful deaths. Inspirational deaths. Hopeful deaths. I can't help but envy them all.

On the contrary, We, Humans, have always fought for our freedom. We have struggled to have a place in the World. And we, have bowed to death. Our deaths have always been the most tragic of them all. Sudden deaths. Unfair deaths. Gruesome deaths.

Like a curse that has swallowed Humanity's very essence.

Back then, I hated the Human nature with all my heart. I enjoyed witnessing their deaths. I enjoyed seeing their lives being taken away from them unjustly. That way I could only feel at peace. That way I could only be happy. That way I could only accept my own death...

But then, the Vision I saw you in changed my view on the matter. What did I see in that Vision? Simply put, your Death. How can an ex-Human body, yet a clear Human mind like yours surpass Humanity's curse by achieving such a magnificent death? 

Henceforth, you all have my utmost attention. I'll lament our unjust nature. I'll show empathy to all of the future Humans. I will be here to mourn your future deaths.

Thank you for opening my eyes, Aria.

——————————————————————

Vision 1

September 14th, Year 399 Post Barrier (P.B.)